PDA

View Full Version : Scalaria Air Challenge

LowNSlow
29th Jan 2015, 06:26
After missing it last year I'm finally going to the Scalaria Air Challenge in Austria scalaria airchallenge | (http://www.airchallenge.com/en). I'm looking forward to seeing and having my first flight in a seaplane.

It promises to be an amazing event, is anybody else going or has been in the past and can pas on any advice?

Jan Olieslagers
29th Jan 2015, 11:18
I have never been there, but share your curiousness. Alas, what little I learned about it shows it a rather "upscale" event with, for recreational aviators, an unusual amount of featherbrained beauties around, and an equally unusual number of Porsches, Ferraris and such in the parking lot.

The bi-annual event at Biscarrosse seems more aimed at the modal recreational pilot, regretfully it was cancelled in 2014.

LowNSlow
30th Jan 2015, 19:30
At Euro 1,100 for two days albeit with free food and drink it isn't a cheap weekend if you stay in Scalaria itself!! We're going to stay in a hotel that is 500m along the shoreline from Scalaria so we get to see all the airshows and seaplanes without all the distraction of the bimbettes quaffing Moet!

LowNSlow
31st Dec 2015, 15:32
It was a great show, lying on sunbeds at the lakeside getting drinks and food brought over and watching superb displays. Airshows don't get any better!!

I'm planning on going again in 2016 but the dates are yet to be announced unless somebody knows different?

md 600 driver
31st Dec 2015, 17:39
It was a great show, lying on sunbeds at the lakeside getting drinks and food brought over and watching superb displays. Airshows don't get any better!!

I'm planning on going again in 2016 but the dates are yet to be announced unless somebody knows different?
What are the dates please

LowNSlow
7th Jan 2016, 19:35
Md 600, I've been watching the Scalaria website but they haven't published the 2016 dates yet. It was 16-19 July last year so I would expect it to be around the same this year.

Scalaria are waiting for Red Bull to confirm their attendance before setting the dates and are expecting to finalise them by February.

LowNSlow
26th Jun 2017, 10:59
Seems like the Scalaria Air Challenge has died a death as there have been no dates published for 2017.

Anybody heard any reasons why?