PDA

View Full Version : Breitling Watches and Dubai

FL245
3rd Jun 2002, 17:18
I am about to buy a Breitling watch and was thinking of going to Dubai for a long weekend and picking one up.

Can anyone tell me if Dubai is the place to buy it, and if so where abouts !

Many thanks.

Hand Solo
3rd Jun 2002, 19:27
Friend of mine got nearly 40% off UK retail price on a Breitling at the airport duty free last year and I think he said there was a shop that would do flight crew discounts with an airline ID. Might be able to get a better response on the Middle East Forum? Let us know how you get on, was thinking of the same scheme myself!

Shadowpurser
4th Jun 2002, 14:13
In the UK there is a waiting list for some Rolexes.

Find out which ones these are - phone some watch dealers and ask how much they'd buy a new one off you for - if it's more than it costs in Dubai and you can get one there (if they are indeed 40% cheaper) hey presto!! Free cash towards your own rolex!!!

Met a guy on board who did this for a living buying watches, pens, etc etc - bought in Dubai/HK etc sold in UK etc etc

If I remember rightly Rolex Submariner is VERY desireable over here and costs £2500 but there is a 3 year waiting list for one!!!

Check it out - If I go this year.... I certainly will!!!!

4th Jun 2002, 15:24
I picked up my TAG at Dubai duty free (albeit a while ago now); £282, list price in the UK £650!!

DROGNA
5th Jun 2002, 12:49
I got my Breitling Academy in CFU of all places, paid £498 for a watch that would've cost me £895 in the UK. Quite pleased about that.

Plane Speaker
5th Jun 2002, 16:36
I bought my TAG, and a Rolex for my wife in, in Singapore and saved over 50% on UK list prices.

AerBabe
5th Jun 2002, 17:45
I think there is a Breitling outlet at Bicester Village... could be worth a look!