PDA

View Full Version : Sunday English breakfast flight?

hegemon88
3rd Jan 2015, 21:29
Hi all,

Any suggestions where to go for breakfast tomorrow? Given the current weather the destination would probably need a hard runway, and I would need it to be <40 minutes flying time from Stapleford. A good fry-up served will be a bonus.

Thanks,

/h88

Talkdownman
3rd Jan 2015, 21:35
The Lancaster, Southend. Full English to die for...

PoloJamie
3rd Jan 2015, 21:44
+1 for The Lancaster, its nice there.

Dagenhamdave
3rd Jan 2015, 21:45
Doesn't look good first thing so you may want to think about lunch instead ,
Old Buckenham and North Weald have fly-ins tomorrow

hegemon88
3rd Jan 2015, 22:01
Doesn't look good first thing so you may want to think about lunch instead

Oh yeah, when I said hard runway is needed, I forgot to add "and an instrument approach" :cool:

Missus asks to be back home not much later than lunchtime, so it's breakfast or nothing tomorrow I'm afraid.

Thanks for the tips so far, please keep them coming! :ok:

/h88

thing
3rd Jan 2015, 22:12
Sarfend then by the looks of it. Don't know how far you are from Oostende but they have a nice caff and instrument approach although it might be too late to get the GAR bollocks in.

hegemon88
3rd Jan 2015, 22:34
Thanks for a very good suggestion - I am planning to visit EBOS when the days get longer and the weather gets better. Can't go tomorrow, my IMC rating expires at KONAN :{

Latest TAF shows PROB40 visibility of 300 meters until lunch, so perhaps I should make the fry-up at home in the end?

/h88

thing
3rd Jan 2015, 23:59
Can't go tomorrow, my IMC rating expires at KONAN

No, you go VFR at KONAN. The same coming back. I have hit a solid wall of IMC right at the IFR boundary. Funny old thing that.