PDA

View Full Version : London PPL Study group

BGLD
16th Nov 2014, 11:44
Hello everyone,

I just started my PPL training and with it the study of Air Law etc. most of the airfields (and hence theory classes) are a bit outside London. I was wondering if here were other people interested in a study group in central London?

My plan is to finish my licence (and obviously all exams) within the next six months or so.

Let me know if anyone is interested or knows about central London classes.

Thanks a lot,

B

Baikonour
20th Nov 2014, 09:16
The lack of reply here probably means that there is no such thing.

As far as I have seen, most PPL students just buy the books and study from home. Some (most) also get an on-line quiz tool or similar to help them.
And any FI worth his salt will help you if you have any specific questions.

As an aside, many of the subjects become easier once you've seen their practical application - i.e. when you start doing cross country, met., nav., planning and performance, RT, etc. all comes together... (even some bits of air law seem sensible!)

So I'd say don't sweat too much on the books early on - enjoy the flying and the experience, then do the books when they will be easier.

B.

AucT
21st Nov 2014, 10:10
I flew yesterday from Denham and noticed that there are PPL theory classes being held at The Pilot Centre in Denham. There is a notice on noticeboard stating days and times available for classes on all subject for PPL theory. Perhaps you can give them a call to find out further details.

BGLD
22nd Nov 2014, 09:03
Thanks guys, I just thought I give it a go.

I am not really worried about going through the material but I prefer to study a bit more interactive where I talk to other people about the matter. In particular I find that it increases the understanding rather than having just the knowledge. For now I continue doing it with my flight instructor and the current bad weather gives me (unfortunately) a lot of time on the ground....so back to fun times with Air Law...

harveyst
14th Dec 2014, 19:57
Hi,
Did you find anyone to study with? Im in a similar position to you, hoping to get Air Law passed this week. DM me if you like!
Steve