PDA

View Full Version : Airbus Dual SFCC failure

CTLHC
12th Nov 2014, 09:35
I understand that a dual SFCC failure on an Airbus is quite a serious malfunction, but I can't find any reference to this particular situation in the FCOM under the abnormal or emergency section.
Can someone point me in the right direction please?

tom775257
12th Nov 2014, 09:37
Have a look at

F/Ctl Slats and Flaps fault in config 0 in the PRO ABN

MD83FO
12th Nov 2014, 16:35
Adding to the question, there is a caution to not reset these brakers because it can lead to slats/flaps locked, which is already the case, would you advice against trying this.

Ollie Onion
12th Nov 2014, 18:11
I guess if the book says NOT to reset the CB's then yes I would advise against it!

vilas
13th Nov 2014, 00:58
MD
One good safe practice in the air is not to experiment with passengers on board. Leave that for the test pilots.

sonicbum
15th Nov 2014, 13:18
CTLHC refer to the ABN Flaps Fault / Locked or Slats fault / locked. It mentions there that in case of "Fault" (loss of relative computer) you will lose A/P, FD, A/THR etc.. and... you will be in alternate law. Funny day ahead !

calypso
16th Nov 2014, 18:15
Yep you loose all the automatics including the Flight Directors and the characteristic speeds, green dot, VLS, VFE.... You are back on your cessna 172. The VFE you already know from memory (if you have some flap/slat out) the other speeds you can get from the fmgc. Nothing you can do but work out your landing distance required and find a place long enough to land.

Microburst2002
18th Nov 2014, 03:20
The same or very similar occurs if the signal from the flaps lever is lost.