PDA

View Full Version : CPL Air Law exam help Australia

dreamed2fly
6th Nov 2014, 10:37
i failed first time with 75% and i just failed my second attempt 65% worse than the first :(
Q1
TAF at aerodrome forecast with TS and Cb (no inter or tempo)
alternate and holding requirements?
(a) alternate or holding 60 min
(b) alternate or holding 30 min
(c) alternate only
(d) none required

Q2
Carriage of Cargo on the control seat
in the reg it states to remove the controls (however i got it wrong)

Q3
On takeoff at Longreach (refer to ersa) who do you broadcast or report for departure?
(a) Long reach CTAF AFUR ( i chose this and got it wrong)
(b) Long reach CTAF
(c) Brisbane Centre 122.7
(d)Brisbane Centre ground 122.7

Q4
When should you inspect the external fuel vent
(a) every flight
(b) every refuelling
(c) before the first day of the flight

Q5
before take off on a 1900m runway there is another aircraft just airborne, when can you take off

Q6
VFR tracking tolerances- when diverging off track when should you advise ATS
(a) 1 nm (aip states this answer i chose this got it wrong)
(b) 4 nm
(c) 3 nm

Q7 special VFR, you are entering CTR airspace and do not meet VMC with a cloud base at 1000ft vis 5km
when may you be cleared to continue

(a)when there is no other IFR traffic ( i chose this because you will be cleared when there is no other IFR traffic) got it wrong
(b) on pilots request for special vfr ( i didnt choose this because you may not be cleared on request depending on the situation.

some clarification please!

PPRuNeUser0184
6th Nov 2014, 19:54
I always find (and found during my exam preparation) that going through the books in detail to find answers to specific questions helps retain information and increases my broader knowledge base.

skkm
6th Nov 2014, 20:20
1. C –*no inter or tempo means you need to cover the length of the TAF (plus 30 mins buffer) so in practical terms you need an alternate.

2. Do you remember the other options? If controls are not 'designed for easy removal' then you don't have to remove them thus there was probably another answer that was more correct.

3. Taxi/Departure reports will be to BN CEN on 122.1 which is available on the ground (ERSA FAC L-24)

4. C CAO 20.2 para 5.3

5. Depends on weight of aircraft involved, see AIP ENR 1.1-13 para 5.5

6. I'd say A as well, are you certain of the question?

7. When MAY you get SVFR, not when WILL. C is correct.