PDA

View Full Version : Expiration date on FAA tailwheel / complex endorsement valid?

Zonkor
1st Oct 2014, 21:36
I recently noticed that my tailwheel and complex endorsements in my logbook have an expiration date on them (about 2 years after issuing date). Both endorsements were issued by an FAA instructor, I have an FAA pilot's license, and I was not a student pilot at the time of issuance.

I was under the impression that FAA tailwheel and complex endorsements do never expire, and I have never heard of time-restriced tailwheel and complex endorsements.

So is this probably a mistake of the instructor, or is he able to limit the validity of endorsements?

Will I have to get new endorsements without expiration, or can I safely (and legally) ignore the expiration date on the endorsements?

piperboy84
1st Oct 2014, 21:50
Just checked my TW and complex endorsements, there is an expiration date on there at the end but I believe it is the CFI's certificate expiration date, and not YOUR endorsement itself

Zonkor
1st Oct 2014, 22:44
Now that I look at field layout of the endorsements again, I think you are right. The expiration field is next to the CFI license number.

Thanks for checking. Quite a relief that I don't have to get new endorsements. :)