PDA

View Full Version : Cessna 206 rental

Moonlight100
29th Sep 2014, 17:39
Hi guys, looking for C206 time building. Would be great if I could find one in California- or general- West Coast. Alternatively Europe also would be ok, but with price at least similar to States :rolleyes: if that's even possible!
Any ideas??

9 lives
29th Sep 2014, 19:52
Hey Moonlight, Welcome,

Renting a C 206 is probably a tall order, they are not a common plane in rental fleet - too expensive, and the rental company is not enthusiastic with rental pilots using a 206 as it was designed - to carry six people, or a whole bunch of cargo.

Perhaps you'll get a suggestion, but it you don't, it's probably just because there are few to none available for rent.

What I would suggest would be to find a parachute school who have one, 'cause there are many doing that work. See if they'll put a right seat back in, and give you some dual - but I doubt they'd want you taking it away, it'll be a working plane.

OldDogNew
30th Sep 2014, 09:01
There used to be a C206 in the flying club at KCRQ, Pacific Coast Flyers. I flew it several times in March and April 2013. However I don't think it is in the club anymore. If you contact PCF they might know where it is now and if it is still available to rent.

172driver
1st Oct 2014, 17:44
Why do you want / need a C206? As has been mentioned, these are very rarely (if at all) available for rent, even less so for extended periods of hour building. They are working airplanes, also not normally in a training fleet.

fernytickles
2nd Oct 2014, 16:45
Have you looked in to the Open Airplane program?

https://www.openairplane.com/

You might find one through that?