PDA

View Full Version : Early Avid speedwing

Frightened nose gear
28th Sep 2014, 19:03
Hi Guys, Recently i purchased an Avid speedwing 1990 build. Im having difference training at the Tiger club Headcorn before i get training in the Avid.

My question for you is there a database where i can find other Avid owners to get tips and advice.

There is a website "how many left" where you can find out how many older/unusual cars are still around via the DVLA database but this obviously does not include aircraft.

Apparently over 2000 were sold/ built but they seem to be thin on the ground no pun intended..............

Rod1
28th Sep 2014, 19:17
I would contact the LAA and find an LAA coach who is familiar with the Type. Assuming your aircraft has dual controls they will be able to train you on your aircraft.

Rod1

Frightened nose gear
28th Sep 2014, 20:28
Im fairly confident i can get training im keen to find out if there are other owners out there still alive..............:uhoh:

Rod1
28th Sep 2014, 20:59
The LAA - and a coach with previous experience (has trained other owners) - will know that...;)

Rod1

Frightened nose gear
28th Sep 2014, 21:20
Hi Rod,
Im attempting to communicate or find the info on other owners not arrange training. Thanks for your input

this is my username
29th Sep 2014, 05:15
Try G-INFO:

GINFO Search Results Summary | Aircraft Register | Operations and Safety (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=60&pagetype=65&appid=1&mode=summary&aircrafttype=avid)

S205-18F
29th Sep 2014, 08:51
Hi I am an Avid aeroplane owner in Scotland. Mine is a model C modified (basically a Mk4) It is a great wee aeroplane with fantastic short field capability but with one or two interesting quirks.
If you want to talk about it email me and I will send my phone number.
Regards John G-BULY

jmangiolini at msn.com

Frightened nose gear
30th Sep 2014, 19:53
Thanks for the replies also ive emailed s205-18f but got failure notice. Ive sent a private message.. Tis good to know there are still around 30 Avids registered. Incidentally The Tiger club at Headcorn/ Lashenden are great for tailwheel training.

After my first flight i thought they may say they are fully booked or the cubs were grounded but they persevered with me!

S205-18F
30th Sep 2014, 20:31
I have sent you a pm with my details.