PDA

View Full Version : Woirld's first Saltire windsock flown at Strathaven

xrayalpha
13th Sep 2014, 19:16
Title says it all!

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p480x480/10698543_699344916808487_1091906521177538059_n.jpg?oh=3ca7e1 ff5c68fe1048fb6ef9da36227f&oe=548531DC

Sorry I can't post the pic direct, I don't seem to be allowed attachments.

aligee
13th Sep 2014, 19:22
Love it to bits Colin.Well done glen your skills astound me sometimes:D

Lone_Ranger
13th Sep 2014, 20:13
Lets just hope Scotland's future is noticeably less bumpy than Strathavens runway.

ecosse
13th Sep 2014, 21:15
Amazing glen

Well done mate...:ok:

Mariner9
14th Sep 2014, 01:32
"Astounding" and "amazing" to make a windsock?

Holland have had windsocks in their national colours for years.

ecosse
14th Sep 2014, 02:32
Theres only one thing thats really "astounding" and "amazing" about the UK(soon to be former UK) as a whole and that is.......................................................... ............................

Scotland

once we get rid of the dead weight we will prosper... onwards and upwards..

Kenny (Voted YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!)

Freedom at last!!!!

Mariner9 "Astounding" and "amazing" to make a windsock?

Holland have had windsocks in their national colours for years.
ohh!! ...good for holland BTW.... Did they invent the pneumatic tyre which your aircraft land on? I think not..... the tarmac which your aircraft land on? they invent the telephone, with which your internet travels through(or used to at some point)? I think not....first workable radar system?

the list is endless....

OHH!!! I almost forgot who invented the bank of England you guessed it another scotsman....

BYE

Kenny

Mariner9
14th Sep 2014, 08:35
Thats why I love my FELLOW Brits the Scots ;)

M9 (Went to School in Rosyth but wasn't taught how to make windsocks)

SWBKCB
14th Sep 2014, 08:41
Isn't the reason windsocks are normally bright orange to make them easy to see?

maxred
14th Sep 2014, 09:47
There will be so many beaming smiles on Friday that you will see that sock from the ISS::O

Above The Clouds
14th Sep 2014, 10:31
Maxred
There will be so many beaming smiles on Friday that you will see that sock from the ISS:

Yes from those in the south when the wall goes back up, you will then have your own currency, pay your own taxes without draining the south and will require a visa once approaching Gretna Green :D

Lagentium
14th Sep 2014, 11:22
Ecosse aka Alex Salmond! The smart people will be voting No, we can see what camp your in.

Cheers, Jim:ok:

Lone_Ranger
14th Sep 2014, 18:03
If Scotland was full of blokes with Colin's nous, Independence would probably work and I would be moving

NorthSouth
14th Sep 2014, 18:16
Just as well it's an unlicensed field, otherwise you'd get the CAA round telling you it's not an ICAO compliant colour

maxred
14th Sep 2014, 18:24
Colin, your new windsock matches the colour of the flag flying from my car at the moment.

As with the general feel of the country, lets all go for enlightenment, positivity, and let the Scotland the Grave lot, well, just let them be.........

Oh, and last time I checked, all my taxes, both corporation, and personal, went into UKPlc. Enhancing the South GDP, not draining it:rolleyes:

gasax
14th Sep 2014, 18:43
Enlightenment? There was a Scottish enlightenment, regrettably most of that intellect has now been swapped for nationalistic ignorance.

The average Scot contributes less in taxation per head than the English and takes significantly more per head in government expenditure.

So Maxred - your 'contribution' has not enhanced anything apart from a sense of entitlement.

maxred
14th Sep 2014, 19:04
Utterly superb, cast a line, and there is always one that will bite. Simply beautiful:cool:

gasax
14th Sep 2014, 19:39
Classic SNP - the end justifies the means.

Suspend all rationality - vote FREEDOM!

I'm going to really enjoy living in the Northern equivalent of Greece (my money will be well to the south!)

Mariner9
14th Sep 2014, 20:05
Suggest we all try and keep it aviation (and friendly) on here, there'a a handy thread on JB for the politics and point scoring.

So if Scotland do vote yes, will we be able to claim drawback for a flight there?

And will the Scots have the same for a flight South?

Will Scotland form its own CAA or will the UK CAA act on their behalf? (if so, trust a bill will be sent north!)

Saab Dastard
14th Sep 2014, 20:23
This is the thread where you can continue the discussion:

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/541819-scottish-independence-hamsterwheel.html

SD