PDA

View Full Version : Moved/Deleted threads?

Muz165
8th Sep 2014, 08:10
Can anyone explain why I keep having my threads moved or going missing (assumed deleted) with no explanation?

I search every topic before I post however there is still a chance I am duplicating stuff but surely if this is the case a moderator would inform me? I'm genuinely unsure if my phone is playing up or a MOD has edited or moved one of my posts so I end up re-posting the same things.

A recent new thread asked about the best PPL Exam App and seems to have been merged in to a thread about a specific app (The easa ppl app) which is NOT the same thread. This thread, whilst interesting, now seems entirely about PPL exam changes. I've yet to see a moderator move or delete one of these threads which do not sit under the same topic.

Can someone, ideally a moderator explain;

1. Am I going crazy or did you move/delete my posts?
2. If so, why not inform me?
3. If so, why were they moved/deleted?
4. If so, why such inconsistent moderation?

I'd like to be a valuable contributor and reader of this forum but I can't do that if my threads/posts keep disappearing.

Thanks in advance for any help,

PPRuNe Towers
8th Sep 2014, 08:44
You're new and the subjects like apps, headsets and watches are so well trodden we merge into combination threads to make them more useful and complete over a far longer term. Searching on a subject then results in far more useful information in many fewer threads.

Rob

Saab Dastard
8th Sep 2014, 17:24
All moderators on PPRuNe are volunteers, all are busy with day jobs and other commitments, so it's not possible to inform posters about every moderating decision.

SD