PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Application Aircraft Type-Variant

SnowPilot
27th Aug 2014, 19:10
Stuck at this point on the emirates application. Arcraft Type-Variant

Nothing i put in allows me to move to the next page?

Thoughts?

Neptune Spear
27th Aug 2014, 20:04
Bin the whole application. You will thanks us later.

SnowPilot
28th Aug 2014, 14:03
Thanks that is really helpful.

sheiken around
28th Aug 2014, 14:20
He's not kidding...spare yourself years of grief !!

All that glistens isn't gold !!!

DCS99
28th Aug 2014, 15:29
Use Internet Explorer version 7
Really.

SnowPilot
29th Aug 2014, 14:24
Nope that didn't do it.

nolimitholdem
29th Aug 2014, 18:08
I can assure you that the frustration you are feeling at something as simple as a website not working correctly is pretty much the same sensation you will feel working at Emirates and living in Dubai, except multiply it by about infinity, times as many years as you stay there.

Get used to the feeling. It is an infinitesimal representation of what you will experience if you manage to get past that hurdle and countless others. Buy hey yeah, shiny jets tax free rides to work blah blah blah.

The other two comments were trying to do you a favour. Really.

slartybartfast
30th Aug 2014, 09:48
I agree with the please don't do it comments. Am not normally one for posting, and try not to be negative but the EK boat sailed about three years ago. It's going to be a long, long time for command and everything in front of the cockpit door is basically budget. Think about the unmentionable airline up the road!

The Turtle
30th Aug 2014, 20:07
you did say "thoughts?" at the end of your question....

Actually, you got off pretty easy...many before have been gutted.

welcome aboard.

RUB 1 OUT
31st Aug 2014, 02:46
Don't post very offen but all the other Threads on this airline should be giving you the hint. If you enjoy your lifestyle and more you health, cancel the application and stay away.....

CamelRustler
31st Aug 2014, 05:28
Understand that the EK website runs on about 7 different programs all patched together. It works OK when you are at headquarters, where every computer there is set up for it. However, when you are trying to access it from home, you need to go through 3 different applications just to get to your required training module. If one of them has been updated and your current browser settings are not compatible you need to call the IT department to get it sorted. I would firstly recommend not applying here as several people have already warned you!! If you are however unemployed and this is your only option, call EK ask for the IT department and they will get you sorted.

SnowPilot
2nd Sep 2014, 21:35
I'm confused at what point in this thread was there a question about EK or the the lifestyle?

There wasn't a question about it nor did I want everyone's personal feelings/input.

All I was looking for was a simple answer to an issue with the website that I'm having. Not looking for everyone's opinion on the job, application, ek, or the middleast.

So please if you can't answer the question then don't post.

Mods, please delete the posts that aren't dealing with the question. Thanks.

Praise Jebus
2nd Sep 2014, 22:18
Then what would these guys do for fun???

hunterboy
3rd Sep 2014, 07:10
I thought that the original poster simply asked for "thoughts?"
The responders replied with their thoughts. If they are not what the OP wanted, perhaps they need to be more specific?
The fact that they have given their time to reply to a thread that will offer them no benefit speaks volumes.

ManaAdaSystem
3rd Sep 2014, 08:10
I thought reading and understanding a text or a question was a requirement to join EK.

Obviously I was wrong.

CamelRustler
3rd Sep 2014, 12:41
I am beginning to understand why you are having problem filling out the app. Let me suggest Calling EK asking for the IT department, and let them walk you through how to configure your computer. They should have it sorted for you in 20 min. Moderator please administer appropriate beatings.

SnowPilot
3rd Sep 2014, 13:22
Obviously the original "Thoughts" comment is for any thoughts on how to make the app work.

Typical internet tough guys. Sigh.

Marcellus Wallace
4th Sep 2014, 03:32
Believe it means base airplane then variant. Eg. B737 then -300/400/500/600/700/800 as variants just as an example...or A320/319/321 etc...

AndrePape
14th Sep 2015, 10:51
you must type ''Other-Aircraft''