PDA

View Full Version : A340 600 AIR FLOW Selection MAN

LUPA93
26th Aug 2014, 17:06
Any Engineer or smart pilot out there can explain to me this part of AB340/600 FCOM regarding AIR FLOW selector.
The MAN position is the one I am concerned about.
What does the part "operates without Air Management" really mean?
The position is , to my knowledge, only used during the SMOKE REMOVAL Procedure in the same way as the HIGH Position is used in the 300 model so I guess the Flow of Air is probably being increased --to Max?-- in order to force air removal. Such thing cant be inferred fm the Manual description though.
Anyway, those are my worries.

The airflow selector has four positions: LO , NORM, HI, and MAN. LO represents 80 % of NORM flow, when there is no cargo cooling ; HI is the equivalent of NORM + 200 pack airflow liters/sec. LO, NORM and HI operate with automatic air management. MAN, operates without air management. Air management keeps the total airflow (pack + cabin recirculated) constant, and computes both the pack airflow quantity and cabin recirculated airflow quantity, depending on the airflow selector position, the number of passengers and seats, and the cargo cooling selection. If one bleed fails, maximum flow is limited to 108 %. In single pack operations, or with APU bleed supply, any selection is irrelevant since, in such cases, a high flow is automatically regulated.