PDA

View Full Version : MED Opening issue on GLEX/G5000

leonard17F
23rd Aug 2014, 08:28
Hello fellow Ppruners

We have been recently experiencing some problems when trying to open our Main Entry Door from the inside on a pretty new Global 5000.
We could not open it 3 flights in a row, and it was also bit difficult to open it from the outside…..
However, once opened, it could be closed and re-opened relatively easily.
The outside temperature is very high, 38 degC ish, for 700ft elevation, with some humidity too…. (Density altitude is around 4500ft with QNH=1005hPa)
Does this sound familiar ?

It sounds like maybe a pressurization problem….Would it be reasonable to assume that the Auto FMS Pressurization schedule does NOT take into account the high OAT ? and therefore, the remnant pressure in the cabin (based on LFE only) is too low (also we cool it down to 22degC) and and therefore there is some differential pressure?
Also, with a high OAT, I believe that the outside pressure should actually higher than what it would be in ISA conditions, correct me if I am wrong…

Thanks for your valuable inputs, as always.

H Peacock
24th Aug 2014, 07:57
The Main door does have a protection system to prevent attempted opening at a high positive cabin pressure, but the pressurisation system should know when the aircraft
is on the ground and adjust accordingly.

Perhaps a minor issue with the main door. How long are you on the ground for? Does the door always open from the outside when the aircraft has been left overnight??

leonard17F
24th Aug 2014, 16:09
We found out that the spring in the mechanism connecting the inside to the outside handle was very dirty with dust and dry grease and was stuck…
We cleaned it and grease it and it now opens ok both from the inside and the outside.
We tested it also after pressurizing then de-pressurizing the cabin on the ground before flight.
(We had a similar issue on the ground few months ago, this time from the outside, but we could not repeat the phenomenon….)