PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer’s Empty Weight

SebPal
15th Jul 2014, 07:15
Hey folks, I am doing a little research and I have been looking for the Manufacturer’s Empty Weight or Basic Weight as it is also called, basically the weight including: structure, powerplant, systems, furnishings and other items that are an integral part of the aircraft configuration, including fuilds contained in closed systems. From what I understood this weight does not include passenger seats, correct me if Im wrong?

So far though there has been no joy so I thought I would post my question here.

I am looking for the MEW for the following types:

B737-700W/800W/900ER
B777-200LR
B777-300W
B787-800
A380-800

If anyone would also know the weight of the operator items for each type I would be on cloud 9 ;)

Spooky 2
15th Jul 2014, 10:45
You can Google all of these Boeing weights and find them on their website. Not so sure about the 380? Keep in mind these can vary between different operators when actually in service. Boeing calls it Operating Empty Weight. There is a MFG Empty Weight as well, but I think you will only find that in the respective W&B manual..way deep down.:confused:

Skyjob
15th Jul 2014, 11:13
looking for the Manufacturer’s Empty Weight or Basic Weight as it is also called

Be aware that this weight doesn't include any customer option furnishings, just those furnishings installed by the manufacturer. Most manuals will not mention this figure as the aircraft is furnished before delivery.

Operating Empty Weight (OEW) = Manufacturer’s Empty Weight plus Standard and Operational (S & O) items.
Standard Items
Equipment and fluids not considered an integral part of a particular aircraft and not a variation for the same type of aircraft. These items may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Unusable fuel and other unusable fluids
Engine oil
Toilet fluids and chemicals
Fire extinguishers, pyrotechnics and emergency oxygen equipment Structure in galleys, buffets and bars
Supplementary electronic equipment
Operational Items
Personnel, equipment and supplies necessary for a particular operation but not included in Manufacturing Empty Weight or Standard Items. These items may vary for a particular aircraft and may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Crew and Baggage
Manuals and navigational equipment
Removable service equipment for cabin, galleys and bars Food and beverages, including liquor
Usable fluids other than those in useful load
Life rafts, life vests and emergency transmitters
Aircraft unit load devices