PDA

View Full Version : MEL & Operations Manual

mad2fly
3rd Jul 2014, 16:46
I've seen statements on the web saying that EASA considers the MEL is part of the Operations Manual. If so can someone point me to a specific rule that states that?

My reasoning is to verify that if the operations manual requires a piece of equipment, the MEL would alleviate that requirement. I understand there may be other requirements outside of the operations manual.

FlightDetent
3rd Jul 2014, 20:30
AMC3 ORO.MLR.100 > B - 9

page 63 here: https://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/Annex%20to%20ED%20Decision%202012-017-R.pdf

darkbarly
3rd Jul 2014, 21:35
Unless you are operating an other than complex aircraft non-commercially (NCO), all CAT, NCC and SPO operations (will) require the instruments and equipment required for the intended flight to be serviceable unless alleviated in accordance with the operators MEL/CDL or equivalent document, or under the terms of a permit to fly.

FD is correct, these docs form part of the OM, but may exist as a separate manual or electronic document.

Note the legal obligation to comply with the MEL/CDL is set out in 965-2012, as amended. Putting it in your OM is but one means of compliance. You may elect to do otherwise and this would require the approval of your member state authority.

mad2fly
3rd Jul 2014, 23:13
Thank you for your quick replies.