PDA

View Full Version : 737 Classic - Yoke Checklist

cool blue
23rd May 2002, 14:24
Could any one answer the following:
Is the yoke mounted checklist used concurrently with the main hand held checklist, under SOP’s? Or, is it more of a good airmanship back-up item?
Does anybody know where I could obtain the complete checklist text. Despite searching, the most promising photo I found, shows only of the top half of the list.
Finally, after ‘cleared for take-off’ on the checklist, ‘engine start switches’ go to ON. As engines are already running, what does this do? I can only guess that it puts the igniters on, but surely this would only apply non-normally?
Thanks
CB

dolly737
23rd May 2002, 20:29
I can, of course, only speak for our airline:

The yoke-checklist is company-tailored (as in most airlines) and therefore totally agrees with the hand-held (which is also company-tailored).

To obtain the original (Boeing) text, you'd have to find an airline that uses original Boeing procedures.

This checklist is done and read when cleared to enter the active runway (not when cleared for takeoff at our company). It provides ignition to the selected igniter. This reduces the probability of flameout during takeoff (and landing, where they are also selected on) under unvafourable conditions like strong, gusty crosswinds or heavy rain.

cool blue
23rd May 2002, 22:10
dolly737
That answers a few other questions I had too - super.
Much obliged to you – thanks for your help.
CB