PDA

View Full Version : Converting ICAO ATPL (H) IR to EASA ATPL (H) IR

Radman117
25th Jun 2014, 11:09
Hi,

I would like some guidance please.

My questions relate to the steps I need to take in order to convert an ICAO ATPL(H) / IR to an EASA ATPL (H) / IR.

I have the following:

a. A Multi Crew Co operation certificate.
b. I meet all the hours requirements for an EASA ATPL (H) according to CAP 804 para FCL 510.H
c. I have completed all 14 EASA ATPL (H) theoretical exams
d. I have a valid UK Med Class 1
e. I have over 350 hours on the BK117
f. I am in current flying practice on the BK117
g. I fulfil the requirements as per Annex III to Part FCL, C -1.

I read CAP 804 as stating that a holder of an ICAO ATPL (H) simply has to meet the hours requirements, have a valid class 1, pass the exams and then do a flight test as per appendix 9 under IFR conditions to achieve an EASA ATPL (H).

I have three and a half questions, they are:

1. Is the above statement correct?

2. Do I have to do the minimum hours of 15 hours (10 hours simulator and 5 hours aircraft) and an IR test to gain an EASA IR when converting my ICAO ATPL (H)? Is Section 4, Part Q Subpart 2, para 1.3 even relevant when I hold an ICAO ATPL(H)?

3. Can I conduct the type rating test and ATPL(H) check ride under IFR conditions in a full motion simulator in Germany to achieve my EASA ATPL (H)?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Bravo73
25th Jun 2014, 12:27
I am certainly no expert but after reading this thread (http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/541736-multi-pilot-helicopter-types.html), it would seem that you will need a MPH TR in order to qualify for an EASA ATPL(H).

You might struggle to convince the CAA that the BK117 is a MPH type.

Good luck anyway.

hueyracer
25th Jun 2014, 12:34
In the current profile, the BK117 is operated as a MPH (as per FOM) in his current job…..

As long as he is doing the check ride in the simulator. he can get both-SP and MPH entry, as a simulator can be used for both (would not make sense to call a "training device" in which you can train EVERYTHING would only be limited to SPH or MPH)...