PDA

View Full Version : [A320/330] Dual hydraulic / Emer Elec time management

sonicbum
16th Jun 2014, 14:08
Hello folks,

I had once a document issued by Airbus about time management in dealing with the above stated conditions. Basically it was mentioning that a normally trained crew would take around 8 minutes from the start of the ECAM actions till ready for the approach in a training environment, without considering diversion times. I can't find that reference anymore and that was a long time back so I am not even sure about the timings posted. Basically the main point would be to give a reference to a crew during training about how long it should take to deal with these failures. Do you have more informations or guidelines regarding this topic ?
Thanks.

vilas
17th Jun 2014, 01:57
sonicbum
Despite my intensive search on Airbus material I have not come across any such document but having taught these failures at least 50 times I can say there is no way it can be done in 8 minutes. Because first fly, navigate that may require FMGS work for hold and communicate. Then ECAM, STATUS with a long list of inop systems. Situational awareness decision, briefing cabin crew, pax announcement.Then summary in which fuel penalty factor, then again FMGS required for diversion fuel, landing distance procedure then approach preparation, approach briefing. Also gravity fuel feed for EE. I would like to see someone doing all this in 8 minutes.Twenty minutes is minimum.

John Citizen
22nd Jun 2014, 09:05
last time it took me about 40 minutes...and I was very busy the whole time

sonicbum
25th Jun 2014, 15:16
Thank You all for your inputs.:ok: