PDA

View Full Version : BA CityFlyer MPL FTE Jerez

captain.weird
10th Jun 2014, 12:25
Hi guys

Hereby the MPL scheme which is mentored by BACF and training by FTE Jerez.

Good luck for the applicants!

BACF FTE MPL (http://www.ftejerez.com/selection/bacityflyer#)

EZY_FR
10th Jun 2014, 17:26
£82K self funded?! No thanks FTE.

ManUtd1999
11th Jun 2014, 05:58
Same old story really. A great FTO, reputable airline with a decent enough salary, all in all a good proposition for any wannabe pilot except for one thing. They won't guarantee a loan for you so you have to bet your/someone else's house on any number of things going perfectly to plan.

If only airlines would see the light and guarantee loans. They get a larger pool of applicants, cadets without the means to pay on their own get a chance and it doesn't cost anybody a penny extra...

chocsaway08
11th Jun 2014, 07:18
Well said MU. So many of these schemes are unrealistic unless you are willing to risk absolutely everything.

nonsoloinglese
11th Jun 2014, 08:08
It is an attractive proposition, the price is somewhat cheaper than its peers group and also includes accommodation.

Very few guarantee the loan, it is a bug bear but a fact of life so I wouldn't hold it against them.

PPRuNeUser0173
11th Jun 2014, 14:30
but isn't there a problem with Instructor retention at FTE? Another thread on here seems to be implying this! I am told one FI is joining a school at Bournemouth.............

Bealzebub
11th Jun 2014, 14:59
If only airlines would see the light and guarantee loans. They get a larger pool of applicants, cadets without the means to pay on their own get a chance and it doesn't cost anybody a penny extra...

Until somebody defaults and then it costs the guarantor. They already have a large pool of applicants. These days the risk usually rests firmly on the shoulders of the applicant. If you were selling your car, you would get a lot of applicants if you were offering to act as a guarantor for their potential loan, but you can see the obvious pitfalls.

The inherent risks here are: that the candidate will fail to complete the course for any number of possible reasons; the airline will change their recruitment plans; the candidate will fail to meet the performance targets set down by the airline partner. Some of these risks (not all) may be insured against.

The inherent advantage is that it is potentially a major springboard into an airline career that wouldn't otherwise be as accessible.
You need to weigh up the very real risks involved and if a setback would have the effect of ruining your life then the advice would be simple...Don't do it!

Despite the oft repeated suggestion that "everything is on the line," the reality is that the principal lenders in this marketplace require that any property proposed as security for the loan usually has no more than a 60% single mortgage on it, even after the proposed charge is included. It also requires that any guarantors are financially able to assume the loan repayments in the event the borrower defaults. In reality these criteria preclude a large number of would be applicants from qualifying for this type of borrowing. Despite that, circumstances change, and there are very real inherent risks to large sums of secured borrowing, and they shouldn't be understated.

ManUtd1999
11th Jun 2014, 16:23
If you were selling your car, you would get a lot of applicants if you were offering to act as a guarantor for their potential loan, but you can see the obvious pitfalls.

The inherent risks here are: that the candidate will fail to complete the course for any number of possible reasons; the airline will change their recruitment plans; the candidate will fail to meet the performance targets set down by the airline partner. Some of these risks (not all) may be insured against.

This isn't the thread for a long debate about this, but you can't compare airline training to selling a car. Airlines are offering a job, not a service. It is their responsibility to take a certain level of risk, just like every other industry.

maxed-out
11th Jun 2014, 17:13
ManUnt1999,

Don't waste your breath on people who suggest it is fair and right that candidates should bear the burden of these schemes, together with the associated risks. They are the very people profiteering in this shameful cartel and the greasing of palms to place cadets into the airlines. The BA scheme excluded.

If airlines are certain of their needs and launch such a scheme, then they should be willing to bear that risk/burden, or at least half of it. This assures the goal posts don't shift whilst on the course and the FTO/Airline has you by the short and curlies.

All in my opinion of course!

Bealzebub
11th Jun 2014, 18:31
This isn't the thread for a long debate about this, but you can't compare airline training to selling a car. Airlines are offering a job, not a service. It is their responsibility to take a certain level of risk, just like every other industry.
Oh, but you can! A car and a training course are both products for sale. They both need buyers and they both need buyers with cash. Neither are interested in subsidizing you or guaranteeing any loan you might need to avail yourself of. That is your problem.

It isn't "their responsibility" to take on any level of risk. It is either a choice or a necessity to take on risk. Where risk is not a necessity, they will normally choose to avoid it unless the returns make the risk a worthwhile choice. In this case, and putting it bluntly, it is a case of here is an opportunity. You want to be an airline pilot, then put your money where your mouth is. If you don't want to, or can't, that is fine.........next!

There was a time when airlines footed the bill for everything connected with recruitment. Those times have long gone. The demise was in part driven by the simple economic doctrines of new world "lo-co" carriers. However it was also driven by the losses incurred by applicants that signed up, took the product, and then sold it to somebody else at the first opportunity. By way of example (and in the lifetime of this website) when airlines sought to "bond" applicants for their training costs, there was an absolute outcry on these forums about the abhorrence of such practices. Barely a week went by when somebody wasn't seeking advice for jumping their bond without penalty to themselves. Given the legal costs of recovery, the natural evolution for the airlines was to simply shift the burden. You want training that puts you in a position to do this job, then you pay for it. You want to leave and sell that training to somebody else?...... Fine you paid for it, do what you feel you have to.

Now you are left with maybe one ab-initio programme in the UK that (in certain circumstances) might be able to offer a financial guarantee for the loan necessary for that programme. That programme is extremely selective and competitive and if providing those guarantees proves costly it is just as likely to evaporate eventually.

So whether you choose to "waste your breath" or not, the reality is glaringly obvious and it isn't going to change anytime soon.

hazholmes
12th Jun 2014, 09:41
Still an awful lot of money but it's cheaper than the 'regular' FTE course price, has a TR thrown in and will hopefully lead to a permenantly salaried job. Seems one of the better schemes out there, in my opinion.

lightning bird
14th Jun 2014, 20:32
"If you don't want to, or can't, that is fine.........next!"
Beazlebub that pretty much sums up the problem, no meritocracy whatsoever in this industry, probably not a healthy thing to have in any walk of life I guess. We do want it, thought about it, dreamt about it, read up on it, discussed it on forums, visiting an airport just for the hell of it on a weekend....but alas not priviliged enough...I guess next!!

Boe787ing
16th Jun 2014, 07:40
Has anyone actually submitted an application and got feedback? or been through this process before and shed some light?

I understand next stage would be in Manchester (BACF HQ)....so directly airline assessments?

Thanks in advance

Gally2
16th Jun 2014, 14:48
I have applied, got past stage 1 and waiting to hear about stage 2! What does stage 3 in Manchester involve does anyone know? I know it's assessment but what exactly is this? How can you practice for it?

maxed-out
16th Jun 2014, 21:46
Lightning bird,

You took the words from my mouth.

Although I'm modular trained and shouldn't really get involved in discussions about cadet programmes, it sickens me that he comes on here with that cavalier attitude towards peoples livelihoods. He probably has the same arrogant attitude to his new FO's like that miserable, crusty old git of a captain in the elevator at T5 in this evenings episode of A very British Airline. You know? The one that refused to greet the new cadet. :yuk:

Gally2
16th Jun 2014, 22:04
Maxed out i could not agree more with you...arrogant man who believes he is too good to speak to people who he believes are of lesser importance:=

Bealzebub
17th Jun 2014, 04:49
"If you don't want to, or can't, that is fine.........next!"
Beazlebub that pretty much sums up the problem, no meritocracy whatsoever in this industry, probably not a healthy thing to have in any walk of life I guess. We do want it, thought about it, dreamt about it, read up on it, discussed it on forums, visiting an airport just for the hell of it on a weekend....but alas not priviliged enough...I guess next!!
Yes, I am afraid that is pretty much the industry wide reality these days for all the reasons I gave in the previous reply.
it sickens me that he comes on here with that cavalier attitude towards peoples livelihoods. He probably has the same arrogant attitude to his new FO's like that miserable, crusty old git of a captain in the elevator at T5 in this evenings episode of A very British Airline. You know? The one that refused to greet the new cadet.I am not sure who you think did that? The reply encapsulated an industry wide reality to a specific point that was raised. As regards the documentary clip, did your narrow focus allow you to see it from the "crusty old git of a captains" perspective? That would be the one where you dash for an elevator only to find yourself confronted by a cameraman, a sound recorder, a lighting person and a director. Perhaps he was a little surprised and didn't immediately notice the F/O in the corner. Perhaps once the little red light went off, he greeted the F/O and expressed surprise at finding himself the subject of a TV programme. Who knows? In any event I doubt he would want to present himself as appearing rude. Sometimes it is helpful to look at the wider picture unless that doesn't suit your rush to judgement!

I don't think I have ever been "arrogant" to new First Officers, and the comment I have supplied on these forums has always been qualified and factual. The positive support for new F/O and cadet programmes has even erroneously attracted comments of vested interests and drawing benefit from specific FTO's. Indeed such comment (albeit your opinion of course) popularly emanates from a contributor to this thread. I am simply providing a very real and a very valid perspective from a significant vantage and experience base. If you consider that arrogant, so be it. If you don't like what I say, then ignore it. If you think it is wrong then disagree with it. However the reality cheque (and that isn't a typo,) is that this is a difficult and expensive profession to enter. I stand by everything I have ever written on these forums. I consider every contribution as honest and valid. The purpose of providing information or comment isn't to share dreams or massage fragile egos or blow fragrant smoke up anybody's proverbial. It is simply to provide what is intended to be a helpful and qualified perspective, for people to use or discard entirely as they see fit.

Steering this thread back on track... The suggestion that this programme is likely to be paid for by the customer airline is wishful thinking. Those days have almost completely evaporated. It is what it is.. You pay your money and take your choice.

alexisbarboule
17th Jun 2014, 14:12
Hy everyone,

I applied for the easyjet MPL and i'm interested in this one. Tranning is chezper and includes accomodation an VAT.

I was just wondering what type of contract do you get at the end of trainning?
Is it a permanent BACF contrat, or some kind of flexicrew contract.

Does someone knows something about starting salary?

I am not confident about becoming "TRated" on Embraer.
Once you decided (or not) to leave BACF, there aren't a lot of European airlines flying Emb, so I will have to pay for an Airbus or Boeing TR to get a new employment...

@Boe787ing (http://www.pprune.org/members/365870-boe787ing) have you applied for this scheme yet?

Gally2
17th Jun 2014, 19:37
If you don't mind me asking were you successful with easyjet MPL scheme?

alexisbarboule
18th Jun 2014, 07:24
Hy,

I've been to Oxford last week for the stage 2 assessment and I'm still waiting for the results....

i'm not veryconfident but who knows...

Is there a link between your question and the BACF MPL?

Boe787ing
18th Jun 2014, 08:00
@alexisbarboule (http://www.pprune.org/members/413693-alexisbarboule)

Yes applied got a reply with questions to answer within 3 days...how about yourself?

alexisbarboule
18th Jun 2014, 09:18
I didn't applied yet, I am waiting for the price in Euro from Jerez. I a a bit affraid about being type rated on EMb, but, to start, flying is flying.

Do you have any information about the starting salary as pilot for BACF??

Boe787ing
18th Jun 2014, 10:57
no idea about the starting salary...I would hope somebody who works for BACF or somebody who has done this course previously would be able to enlighten us please :)

Just had a look on this website....http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/BA_Cityflyer it seems like cadet pay is GBP 31.3k....having said that this could be unreliable source...

FYI - I would think an E-Jet rating is pretty good considering Flybe have so many now too :)

alexisbarboule
18th Jun 2014, 14:11
Thank you for your research! regarding to the price, the easyjet MPL is really really expensive, and i don't understand why...

I think this MPL should be great. it could be interesting to send an email to get in touch with the recruitment team from BACF. An email adress is given on pilotnetwork.

I'm still waiting for Jerez to answer my last email... If I reminder, there are only 4 cadets who will be recruited?

Gally2
18th Jun 2014, 14:39
Yes only 4 to be recruited out of God knows how many? Competition is going to be fierce!!

hazholmes
18th Jun 2014, 15:48
Just adding myself into the mix as I've applied as well.

As Boe787ing says the embraer is on order at flybe, seems to be the jet of choice for regional operators.

Not sure how accurate ppjn is for salaries but 31k + flight pay + (free) TR seems ok for year 1. up to 40k as a fully fledged year 2 FO.

alexisbarboule
19th Jun 2014, 07:22
I will definitely apply to this scheme. Wish you all good luck!

i don't understand the principle of these question you receive after stage1.

Are there essay question? about our motivation i guess??

Holyjoe
19th Jun 2014, 22:42
BACF don't guarantor anything as sometimes cadets don't get through, its a sad fact of life. The salary at BACF is circa £30000, plus some other bits and pieces. It's a permanent job, good place to start. Good luck all

newb1112
19th Jun 2014, 22:50
I a a bit affraid about being type rated on EMb, but, to start, flying is flying.

God no! Not a near brand-new Embraer 170/190 as your first ever flying job! Wow you should be scared, that's terrible... Most freshly qualified pilots go straight onto A320s or at least a 737NG...
Well flying is flying...

:ugh:

alexisbarboule
20th Jun 2014, 09:11
Could you please go straight to the point? i didn't understood what you mean...:confused:

Holyjoe
20th Jun 2014, 09:24
He's being sarcastic!!

alexisbarboule
20th Jun 2014, 09:43
That's what I thought! i don't say Emb are :mad: aircraft! i only say, there are not a lot of major airlines which flight EMb.

I don't spit on being an Emb pilot, but with a long term orientation, i think that being rated on 320 or 737 could open more doors in a carrier...

fumap
20th Jun 2014, 10:23
Had anyone face problems with the Phase 2 credentials?

Actually i received all my informations vie email, they were not working (the password is wrong) so i answered the email to ask for help but didn't receive any answer after 2 working days. Did anyone have any email address better to contact than the ones "public"?

Sending me in a PM can be very helpful. I'm the usual lucky guy! :}

From my point of view, at the end of the day, you will have a permanent job with a TR on a modern aircraft and a good entry salary (and the course price is lower than any MPL out there). There are dozens of guys out there without even a job so i would be very happy to be TR on an Embraer, i will be happy even if it is an MD-80! :cool:

B77L
21st Jun 2014, 17:51
Alexis, if I were you I would not worry about that, you need to pass the selection first.

fly_surfbeach
27th Jun 2014, 14:53
Has anybody received anything yet? Does anybody have the dates that the selection period is predicted to be?

Thanks

hazholmes
27th Jun 2014, 17:39
Haven't heard anything yet. 14-16th July inclusive are the proposed dates for stage 3. Hope they extend them personally.

Gally2
29th Jun 2014, 20:07
How many are they taking on guys?

hazholmes
29th Jun 2014, 20:58
The advert said 4 from memory.

Boe787ing
3rd Jul 2014, 08:08
Anyone heard anything yet?

funkyt111
3rd Jul 2014, 17:57
I've been invited for an interview on the 14th.

Gally2
3rd Jul 2014, 18:05
Is it just an interview or assessment aswell?

funkyt111
3rd Jul 2014, 18:55
The assessment too. Written tests + aptitude tests + interview.

Gally2
4th Jul 2014, 08:21
Congratulations on being called funkyt... I wonder have many been called for assessment?

funkyt111
4th Jul 2014, 08:27
Mine was in my junk folder so do check people. I had a telephone call of them to confirm that I had received the email. If they hadn't of called then I wouldn't have known!

emb195
4th Jul 2014, 16:54
does anyone know if cityflyer are likely to recruit any fatpl low hour pilots this year or is it likely they will only do the MPLs and maybe experienced pilots?

hazholmes
8th Jul 2014, 19:46
Didn't make stage 3, good luck to the lucky few who did.

Steph_Irvine
10th Jul 2014, 16:52
I've been invited to interview on the 17th July
Does anyone know how many people progressed to phase 3??

clear prop!!!
11th Jul 2014, 05:04
Scandalous when you think about it.

Airlines could/can benefit from government training grants, get back the VAT and, set training costs off against profit.

Still, they choose to put the financial burden of initial training on the shoulders of those who can afford it, or whose parents will guarantee their offspring’s outrageous loans.

It precludes many potentially excellent pilots from entering the profession and, allows sloppy and inefficient, no risk HR to prevail.

If potential Train, Tube or Bus drivers were asked to fork out for training there would be headline news, disbelief, a public outcry and no doubt strikes.

Given that Tube drivers are about to earn £52k BASIC for a 35hr week, get paid while training, and, can walk away with no debt our outstanding bond if it all goes pear shaped, you’ve got to ask,..are wannabe pilots sane enough to pass the medical?

Anyway..who here wants to spend their life on the district line!

Still, at the end of the day there’s unstable rosters to look forward to, random base changes and the joy of flying back and forward from Luton to somewhere sunny on a half hour turn around.

No thanks, biz jets for me every time, we sometimes even get to hoover the carpet and collect the rubbish,..you don’t get to do that on your namy pamby, no financial risk, tube or train drivers job do you?

I really do feel for anyone starting out these days. It was never easy in the past, but it was ‘slightly’ fairer and, a lot less expensive.

Worth it? if you've £80k + that you don't need…maybe!

Gally2
11th Jul 2014, 11:26
Clear Prop I do see your point and it is a very valid one may i add. It is a huge financial burden, one which will last well into an airline pilots career. I am just wondering what kind of life do these "new" pilots have when they start out their career with an airline and have to pay back their massive loan as well as pay for their living costs etc? Do they have any money left over for themselves to do what they want to do with it? Can any current pilot answer that question please ? Or indeed anyone who knows how it works.

G-F0RC3
11th Jul 2014, 12:07
Given that Tube drivers are about to earn £52k BASIC for a 35hr week, get paid while training, and, can walk away with no debt our outstanding bond if it all goes pear shaped, you’ve got to ask,..are wannabe pilots sane enough to pass the medical?

It's not just about money though is it? You want a career that you're passionate about and if it's flying planes then you will try to find a way to make it work. And those who do make it to an airline job will in almost all cases earn more money than train drivers over the course of their careers.

clear prop!!!
11th Jul 2014, 16:01
Absolutely

My point was not to suggest a change of career choice, more a comparison of how training is treated by other transport industry sectors.

Airlines really do rely on the rose tinted glasses worn by some when looking skywards.

I don’t think any one here would want to be a tube driver (with no disrespect to tube drivers) but they do get a better and financially safer deal when it comes to training.

Anyway, been there, done it and bought and paid for the T shirt ( a cheaper T shirt) and wouldn't change it for the World.:O

G-F0RC3
11th Jul 2014, 17:27
One thing is for sure, pilots get a better view from their offices than tube drivers. :p

I agree regarding much of the financial situation. I've always held the view that you shouldn't risk what you can't afford to lose. While airlines could do a lot more to make the training process more accessible, I also think the candidates themselves should think very carefully about the decisions they make and not just blindly follow their dreams. I'd always urge anyone considering embarking on flight training to really consider plan B and what if scenarios so that they aren't ruined if things don't go to plan. But I'd never tell them to give up on the dream nor suggest they were insane for going for it. Someone has got to fly tomorrow's passengers on their holidays after all... :cool:

:ok:

Gally2
13th Jul 2014, 23:05
Do let us know how you get on funky will you?

b.a. Baracus
14th Jul 2014, 08:30
Gally2,

To answer your previous question. A recent survey carried out by BALPA showed that over half of the pilots surveyed have paid between £75k and £100k for training, 1 in 6 have paid over £100k. 40% of those surveyed said that after servicing their monthly repayment they would have only £500 left to live on for the month.

Gally2
14th Jul 2014, 10:30
Thank you very much for that information. It is horrifying at the money that pilots are left with after repayments are left (especially for those who live in London etc where rent is sky high). The love of aviation must really be a winning factor in these cases

JPFTEJerez
16th Jul 2014, 13:39
Point 1: I agree that flight training is a very expensive risk but tube drivers don't fly hundreds of passengers 36,000 feet above the ground going 500mph.

Point 2: If you're fortunate enough to have gone through FTOs such as CTC, OAA or FTEJerez then you're in a good position to get an airline job and pay back your loan due to their airline connections. A family friend of mine graduated from CTC in 2010, got a job with easyjet that year, bought a pretty big house and a brand new audi tt while his loan was payed out of his wages every month (almost £1200) and barely noticed it. My point (which may it may not go down well): Don't believe that every pilot graduates and is jobless for years and in debt and never lands an airline job, you just have to have the drive to go out and get it! Believe in yourself and work hard.

All that being said, I may take all that back when I graduate from CTC and don't have a job lol, touch wood.

Ps. I recognise that there are unfortunately pilots that have been landed with a huge bill for their flight training and have been waitin for years for their first airline job and hope that they find one soon.

b.a. Baracus
16th Jul 2014, 14:08
He bought an Audi TT?! But that's a woman's car.......

JPFTEJerez
16th Jul 2014, 14:38
Hahah I had a chuckle there. Yes I think it's more of a women's/hairdressers car but I wouldn't say no lol but to be fair, his other rides an A320...

clear prop!!!
16th Jul 2014, 22:37
Point 2: If you're fortunate enough to have gone through FTOs such as CTC, OAA or FTEJerez then you're in a good position to get an airline job and pay back your loan due to their airline connections. A family friend of mine graduated from CTC in 2010, got a job with easyjet that year, bought a pretty big house and a brand new audi tt while his loan was payed out of his wages every month (almost £1200) and barely noticed it.

:ugh:

Not sure how this individual could afford the tax, insurance and petrol for his brand new Audi hairdressers car.

Then, the mortgage, insurance, gas, rates and electricity on his 'big' house, as a new start SO/ FO withe EZY!

Do the maths...

TrainingLoan £1200, car loan, say £350, Mortgage on that 'big' house, say £1,500

That's £3k a month in round figures after tax, thats around £45k a year before tax he has to earn before he pays council tax, gas, electricity etc etc etc, then, eat.

Now, given that the starting salary at EZY is between £38k and £45k he must be on a diet, not drive his brand new TT a lot and live in a very cold uninsured house with the bailiffs chasing him for council tax arrears!

Maybe he's a hairdresser on the side!

Bloody amazing the blind faith put in FTO's sales pitches and apocryphal stories!

It's tough and highly competitive out here, believe it, before you part with nearly £100k.

At least with the BA scheme there's a job at the end of it for the majority who will pass, and good luck to them.

I still maintain that paying to fly in what ever shape or form is wrong.

Look into it long and hard and read the often good advice often given here.

Anyway, the thread deviates somewhat, sorry!

Just read this and it's not very PC... for 'He' read 'He or She'....sorry ladies (and hairdressers)

G-F0RC3
17th Jul 2014, 08:23
Completely agree with clear prop

By all means go for your dreams; but at least do your homework. Suggesting that you're going to be able to get a big house, brand new car and service your flying debts on a starting FO salary at EJ - and "barely notice it" - is total nonsense. Barely afford it is perhaps more fitting if you were able to afford it at all. :=

Anyway, let's not go off topic. When are you guys expecting to learn the outcome of your latest assessments? :)

JPFTEJerez
17th Jul 2014, 08:57
I wouldn't be able to go into details of how much he pays for all his commodities, because I don't know how much he payed for his car, house, electric etc etc. I watched from a distance and therefor couldn't comment on his bank balance.

dnm24
27th Jul 2014, 11:43
Did anyone hear anything back last week?

flying free.LEVC
28th Jul 2014, 10:01
Has anyone heard anything regarding the last interview? Has anyone been invited to the last stage?

Best regards

BaronVonBarnstormer
5th May 2015, 09:51
Any news on if/when this will open up again? I got through to stage 3 last time around.

BaronVonBarnstormer
10th May 2015, 12:30
Yep, its opening tomorrow.

Terms | FTEJerez (http://www.ftejerez.com/terms/26)

The cost has gone up £2600 though from last year :suspect:

EC DKN
10th May 2015, 14:53
I will never understand how people can pay 112.000€ for an integrated program when you can end up with the same licence with better standards of training paying half of it !

The 80% of self sponsored FTE cadet end up with FR!!!

Bealzebub
10th May 2015, 17:25
The difference is, that they are taking those licences to work with them everyday, rather than watching them rapidly lose validity on the coffee table.

These forums bear testament to that frequent truth. It is pyrrhic to congratulate yourself on the money saved, if you can then do very little with it in many cases.

A licence with no job attached is as perishable as an apple in a fruit bowl.

EZY_FR
10th May 2015, 23:13
The choice of dates for the final interview don't work for me at all. I'm in the states throughout that period :/

LandingConfig
11th May 2015, 11:22
I would love to work for BACF on the E-Jet. Unfortunately £84k self-sponsored is a lot of money. At least the TR is covered.

future-pilot
12th May 2015, 19:32
Very interesting opportunity, shame for the price being so high.
Anyone in here applied to previous MPL schemes with BACF? Any info on what tests are required to pass?

EZY_FR
12th May 2015, 22:41
The assessment process is detailed on the fte website. If you haven't attended the fte selection process before, it consists of 4 written tests and a series of PILAPT aptitude tests.

future-pilot
17th May 2015, 18:27
Anyone applied and got a reply from FTE? It seems that the selection process is carried out in Manchester so it might be different from the usual FTE selection. Any suggestion is appreciated!

EZY_FR
17th May 2015, 19:29
The selection process is exactly the same for this scheme.

BaronVonBarnstormer
18th May 2015, 09:33
Anyone applied and got a reply from FTE? It seems that the selection process is carried out in Manchester so it might be different from the usual FTE selection. Any suggestion is appreciated!

No reply yet, although the application window is open until sunday so I would expect to hear at some point next week. As EZY said the stage at Didsbury is the same as FTE's other airline schemes. Last year it was quite a relaxed atmosphere, there was one of the liaison pilots there too who sat with us while we were waiting to answer questions on the course and CFE in general.

BaronVonBarnstormer
18th May 2015, 13:09
Hi does anyone know if a class 1 medical is a requirement? I have a class 2 but am willing to get one for the application process if need be.

Not to apply, but if you are accepted you will of course need to get one.

BaronVonBarnstormer
19th May 2015, 10:46
Could anyone verify the pay scales on pjn (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/BA_Cityflyer) as accurate? Its saying £31345p/a plus £1900 LCY weighting and £5k-£10k flight pay. From that i'm guessing take home pay around £2500/month? Trying to do some sums based on £800/month loan (for first two years) + living in that London :hmm:

Also how does the pay scale work? Do cadets stay on a separate pay scale after year 1 or does it then jump on to the DE FO pay scale in year 2?

JPFTEJerez
27th May 2015, 09:39
Anyone heard back from this yet?

BaronVonBarnstormer
27th May 2015, 10:06
Nope, nothing yet.

BaronVonBarnstormer
28th May 2015, 09:13
Anyone else through? :ok:

JPFTEJerez
28th May 2015, 12:59
Congrats baron! Still waiting to hear back, fingers crossed :ok:

GrobblySquirrel
29th May 2015, 11:52
I got the thumbs up yesterday morning. Mine was in junk mail so make sure you check that!

spizmo
29th May 2015, 14:43
I haven't heard anything yet. Who is getting in contact? FTE Jerez or BA CityFlyer?

JPFTEJerez
29th May 2015, 14:48
It will be FTE who get in contact with you.

JPFTEJerez
30th May 2015, 09:37
The suspense is killing me :{

GrobblySquirrel
30th May 2015, 11:33
I'll be there on the 11th too

thedunster1
1st Jun 2015, 13:12
Anyone know if we'll get an email saying we are unsuccessful or just if you make it through to the next stage?

Patricksheahan
1st Jun 2015, 16:04
I'm in on the 12th at 8:30 for assessment, anyone know how many candidates will actually get placed in Jerez?

BaronVonBarnstormer
1st Jun 2015, 16:14
8 candidates split over 2 courses.

Patricksheahan
1st Jun 2015, 16:42
Not a lot then. I wonder how many have made it to stage 3.

BaronVonBarnstormer
15th Jun 2015, 13:23
40 at stage 3 apparently. Has anyone heard back from FTE yet?

GrobblySquirrel
15th Jun 2015, 13:46
Yeah, think they mentioned between 30 and 40. Wouldn't expect to hear back until next week or end of this week at the earliest.

GrobblySquirrel
22nd Jun 2015, 09:29
Think they are calling round now, just got a thumbs up for the next phase :)

BaronVonBarnstormer
22nd Jun 2015, 10:06
Same here :D

weirdgirl
25th Jun 2015, 19:01
Same here. Do you know guys if this will be the last stage and what does it consist of? I guess interview with BACF pilots and HR?

GrobblySquirrel
26th Jun 2015, 10:26
Yep, this is the last stage. The official line is that it's just a 'personal interview'. As far as I can tell, as you say, I think it'll be with a BACF pilot and HR person but we'll have to wait and see!

BaronVonBarnstormer
26th Jun 2015, 10:39
Does anyone know how many have been invited to this final stage?

GrobblySquirrel
26th Jun 2015, 11:33
With a wild stab in the dark I'd estimate around 15 or 16. But truthfully no idea!

weirdgirl
7th Jul 2015, 17:18
Does anyone got a reply?

GrobblySquirrel
7th Jul 2015, 18:15
Don't think anyone has heard yet so don't worry! Although that it a lot easier said than done...

User123456
9th Jul 2015, 11:16
Has anyone heard anything yet?

GrobblySquirrel
10th Jul 2015, 11:51
Assuming no one has heard back yet? I considered myself fairly patient but this wait really isn't all that fun!
PS. Sorry if I gave anyone undue hope/despair by bumping the post haha!

User123456
10th Jul 2015, 13:27
No, nothing yet either. According to FTE they are also still waiting to hear from BACF about their final selections

BaronVonBarnstormer
10th Jul 2015, 15:31
Nope, not heard a thing yet. Hopefully Monday? I don't think my nerves can take it much longer!

Googolpleb
10th Jul 2015, 22:10
Heard nothing yet. I was told at my interview there were around 18 people being interviewed for the 8 places, and they would get back to us by the end of the following week (today). Hopefully Monday then... :uhoh:

User123456
13th Jul 2015, 16:24
Still no news for anyone?

BaronVonBarnstormer
13th Jul 2015, 20:07
Any news today anyone?

GrobblySquirrel
14th Jul 2015, 11:48
Still nothing :/ don't want to pester FTE anymore and I can't find any number for BACF. Am just going to have to sit here and slowly go crazy haha

Googolpleb
15th Jul 2015, 11:39
Just got the call to say I've been accepted! :D The call was from FTE rather than BACF.

LandingConfig
15th Jul 2015, 11:41
Well done :ok: Was that the final stage? Accepeted as in secured a place?

GrobblySquirrel
15th Jul 2015, 11:44
Congrats! Heard nothing yet myself unfortunately :/

Googolpleb
15th Jul 2015, 11:52
Cheers :) Yup, final stage, accepted pending class 1 medical I think! Still awaiting the email with the proper details.

BaronVonBarnstormer
15th Jul 2015, 11:53
Bad news for me unfortunately. Congrats to those who got through.

GrobblySquirrel
15th Jul 2015, 12:00
Sorry to hear that, I've still heard nothing so not exactly feeling at all positive

weirdgirl
15th Jul 2015, 12:21
Grobbly good Luck...waiting too... But I guess whoever had passed through had a call this morning...;(

User123456
21st Jul 2015, 15:28
Congratulations to all who were successful! Just wondering for those who were, have you been contacted by BACF since the confirmation email from FTE?

Final24
21st Jul 2015, 16:11
I haven't heard anything from BACF as of yet.

Googolpleb
23rd Jul 2015, 21:39
Still nothing from BACF for me. Keep having to remind myself it's over two months away, although it would be nice to know which group we are in / when we are going!

User123456
29th Jul 2015, 12:34
I'm guess people still haven't heard anything? Times staring to get on a bit!

robhutch14
12th Aug 2015, 13:59
Still nothing... anyone else got the contract?

Spiffingindeed
12th Nov 2015, 10:45
Guys any help with Kura links to BA Cityflyer?

I am thinking of applying but unsure ... any help would be appreciated.

Mafae
15th Mar 2016, 12:55
I just got the news my Application (Captain)was accepted, I am invited to the Assessment day 1 at Southampton, but have a few questions:
1. Any one who can tell me how to prepare, what to expect? Any useful weblinks?
2. BACF roster; how does the roster for a LCY Captain look like? 4 On 2 OFF, 5-2,..... have no idea and hard to find.

Thanks,

wonder88
15th Mar 2016, 19:37
Try the BA City Flyer page in terms and endearment, the link is below.

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/574607-ba-cityflyer-ctc-2.html

Mafae
16th Mar 2016, 11:13
Thanks wonder88, found it! Exactly the info I was looking for

JulietOscarCharlie
8th Apr 2016, 12:12
Anyone heard anything regarding this scheme reopening with FTEJerez soon?