PDA

View Full Version : IMC/IR on light aircraft

foxmoth
30th May 2014, 07:22
On my last licence renewal I changed to a JAR licence, I hold a full ME IR on Airbus and an Instructors ticket without a "no instrument" restriction but have not bothered renewing the IMC as it used to be covered by my IR, with IF hopefully about to be approved on LAA types can someone confirm where I stand as far as this goes (think I know this but would like some confirmation)?

ifitaintboeing
30th May 2014, 07:45
You will need to renew IR-SPA privileges or renew your IMC/IR(R). IR privileges on SPA haven't been covered by your IR-MPA since before JAR-FCL days.

If you only fly SEP then I would renew your IR-SPA-SE by Proficiency Check, then revalidate it each year by cross-crediting/experience. Therefore, only one test (IR Proficiency Check) is required whilst your IR-MPA is valid providing you keep the IR-SPA-SE current.

See the cross-crediting section at the end of Standards Document 14(A) or drop me a PM. I can conduct the IR Proficency Check or IMC test for you.

ifitaint...

foxmoth
30th May 2014, 08:00
Much as I thought, though I was thinking I would need to keep doing Tests for it so good news there, thanks.