PDA

View Full Version : expired ATPL

NYkyla
27th May 2014, 18:44
Hello everyone!I am a little bit confused by the new easa rules and if you could just help me out it would be great!
So my JAR-ATPL license expired a month ago (as well as my type rating, medical), it was issued in 2011 and I would like to renew it.What are the required steps in order to do that?Do I have to resit all the exams?

Curtis E Carr
27th May 2014, 19:34
I always thought that licences issued in accordance with JAR-FCL were valid for 5 years. That would mean your licence would not expire until 2016, n'est-ce pas?

nick14
27th May 2014, 20:56
I think you need a valid medical and a valid type rating. So renew your medical, get an ATO to come up with a refresher course, do said training and test then apply with the appropriate fee to the CAA.

NYkyla
28th May 2014, 04:16
Thank you for your replies! It was my bad, I've got 2011 written on my license,that's when it was changed to a new format, but it was initially issued in 2009..nevertheless, it's expired..
Nick14 thank you for your input! I thought that too, but I kind of hoped that the type rating refresher course wouldn't be necessary. Someone actually told me that due to the new rules all you need is the medical in order to have it re-issued, sounded too good! It's going to be complicated because my type rating expired a year ago.

nick14
28th May 2014, 06:11
Refresher training is at the discretion of the ATO but they would normally reference the AMCs for a plan. I'm guessing one training session.

The medical must be valid and for an ATPL a valid type must be put on it otherwise they will only issue you a CPL. Do you need a full ATPL? Why not just renew some SEP/MEP that would be cheaper.

WASALOADIE
28th May 2014, 10:07
According to EASA Air Law, a Part-FCL does not expire. It is the various ratings and medical that expire and render a license invalid until all aspects are renewed.

nick14
28th May 2014, 15:32
The OP is talking about his old JAR-FCL licence which had a 5 year validity. He wants to renew this.

Whopity
28th May 2014, 16:06
A JAR Licences is deemed to be a licence issued in accordance with Part FCL therefore; it can be reissued as a lifetime EASA licence without any ratings on it. These can be added later, all that is required is a valid medical certificate.

memories of px
29th May 2014, 08:35
youll need to fill in forms SRG 1104, and if you havent got language proficiency level 6 then form SRG 1199 also, and then pay them £139 for the privilege. you can also email your query to FCLWEB, but they take about three weeks to reply, or turn up at the CAA early and they will do your licence on the spot.