PDA

View Full Version : EASA TRi-rating

testpanel
7th May 2014, 15:48
Hi all,

Anybody in the know what I need to get a 757 TRI rating on my license, I have already another TRI rating on it (Jet).

Any ideas where to go and maybe some prices?

Thanks!!

nick14
8th May 2014, 10:42
It's a certificate.

Yes you would need to have flown 15 route sectors on the type in the last 12 months, complete technical and flight instruction parts of the TRI course and pass the AoC with a TRE.

There are a few companies around. Try CAE, or the guys down at gatwick.

Victor Mike
12th May 2014, 18:38
No it is a rating now, but you can only use it via an ATO - basically it swapped round and now TREs are no longer company dependant, but TRIs can only be exercised under the authority of an ATO.

For a 757/767 in the UK best bet is probably Boeing Flight Training or CAE at Gatwick, BAFT at Heathrow, airline wise BA, Thomas Cook, Thomson, DHL and Jet2 all run courses.

No cheap options in the UK!

nick14
12th May 2014, 19:28
Sorry VM but you need to re-read the aircrew regulation.

ALL instructors and examiners are now "certificates" and there is no requirement for any ATO involvement. You can do what you like as it's your own licence.To use the rating you would need to be associated with an ATO as training for a licence rating or certificate must be conducted at an ATO, but you can get one on your own if you so wish.

FCL.915.TRI TRI — Prerequisites
An applicant for a TRI certificate shall