PDA

View Full Version : Turkey - Bodrum

sabre-F86
16th Apr 2014, 20:42
I am setting off on my hols to Bodrum in Turkey, next week. Has anyone done any GA flying if so any recommendations. I have read earlier posts however they date back to 2009. Has the situation changed / improved?
Many thanks for your input.

Sam Rutherford
17th Apr 2014, 05:08
Hi,

Happy to help, please send me an email for a phone number.

Not a PM please!

Cheers, fly safe, Sam.

rapidshot
22nd Apr 2014, 18:32
Hi ,

i am from Tr and had a flight to Bodrum last year, after landing we were instructed to park quite a distance away from the terminal, then the ground service van showed up, they demanded 250 euros for the ride, since walking on the apron was prohibited we had to pay that amount, i am not sure if u can avoid paying it, frequency of ground handling is (Havas) 131.45

the approach frequency given in the charts was silent, so i recommend you to have a print of related aip pages with all frequencies on it, , probably this service is provided by Izmir approach,

During summer/spring time there is alot of traffic, the approach/tower may ask you to follow Vfr routes which u can find in Bodrum Milas Aip/Vfr routes, they are given with a radial and distance from Bodrum Vor as well as their coordinates, better put them into your gps, may be you have to call radar for a slot prior to your departure,

i dont know what kind of A/C u are flying, there is no place you can tie it down, it was all concrete

enjoy your trip )

Sam Rutherford
23rd Apr 2014, 07:56
Turkey is beautiful, and the people friendly - but it is very, very, very expensive at every airport.

Fly safe, Sam.