PDA

View Full Version : UK fisheries patrol

pilotbear
17th May 2002, 22:28
does anyone know who operates the UK fisheries patrol aircraft, and how you go about flying for them?

cheers:p

Red Four
17th May 2002, 22:55
Flight Refuelling at Bournemouth with Do 228 and C404s, I think.

NightHawkZero
17th May 2002, 22:58
I think that it might be Air Atlantique at Coventry (can't swear to that) but they definitly do Polution Control flights for HM GOV [oil spills]
Cheers, NHZ........;)

pilotbear
18th May 2002, 08:22
thanks guys:D :D

Tarek Nor
18th May 2002, 11:34
Air Atlantique operate the Pollution Control Flights with C404's,
one from CVT the other from INV.

Directflight operate 2 C406's from PIK on Fisheries Patrol work.

FRA in BOH operate the Do228's on a variety of tasks.

HTH

:)

pilotbear
18th May 2002, 12:51
thank you, does anyone know any names at these places?:D :D

no sig
18th May 2002, 20:51
Pilotbear, also DirectFlight based at Prestwick

Sorry hadn't noticed the previous post

pilotbear
19th May 2002, 08:05
:D :D :D

EGTE
19th May 2002, 22:37
Directflight's Cessna F.406s G-MAFA & G-MAFB are based at Exeter.

Wee Weasley Welshman
20th May 2002, 12:04
DirectFlight are the people to talk to. I know a couple of their pilots well. People usually get in by knowing someone who knows someone.

Good operation, nice hours and interesting flying.

ps HQ address is at Exeter.

pilotbear
24th May 2002, 09:23
thanks guys:D

Impressive_Wingspan
26th May 2002, 10:56
The Adress you require is

Mrs Josey Green
Directflight Limited
Whitlingham Hall
Whitlingham Lane
Trowse
Norwich
NR14 8TZ

She probably won't thank me for posting the address but they are a good company to work for. I'm an F/O with them at the moment and have been there for 18 months and very happy. Without wanting to dampen sprits it seems a sort of dead mans shoes siuation as far as recruitment is concerned. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, a good friend of mine got in about 5 months after me with another F/O and a Captain late last year. Generally the roster pattern is two weeks on one week off but at the moment we are one week on, one off. I was intially based at Prestwick but transferred to Exeter in the hope i would get command quicker, and think i'm correct in saying that historically more crews leave Exeter than Prestwick.
Don't be fooled by the week on week off as an easy life, it can be hard work, you are in the air for long periods, just last week i was on double patrols which was over 10 hours flying per day, alot of which time is spent at good old FL001. The ops Director is a splendid chap, very fair and good a good laugh. There is more to it than harrassing Fishermen who are trying to earn an honest crust and i would recommend them to anyone.

pilotbear
26th May 2002, 13:15
Thanks IW.
I spoke to a few of the guys up at humberside the other day, that convinced me I would really like this job. Having done some similar interesting flying in canada with the float charters and a lot of low level etc. this would be good. Dont mind long hrs at all.

:D :D

Impressive_Wingspan
26th May 2002, 15:23
It was me who you spoke to, i checked the postcode i gave you and it was correct. The only other bit of advice i could give is once you have made contact by letter or telephone stay in touch.
They don't seem to mind talking to you (well they didn't with me), and in actual fact it will probably help your cause in that you are showing an interest in the company (they like that sort of thing).
There is five years left on the contract, a little less in Scotland so theres plenty of flying to be had. Hope the info helps.

timzsta
26th May 2002, 19:21
Once flew a C-152 out of KLGB that had once been used on fisheries patrol. Had long range tanks and could stay up for 9 hours. 9 hours in a 152, ouch!

Impressive_Wingspan
26th May 2002, 21:25
9 hours in a 152, my goodness, that is a long time. Imagine the back teeth would be floating after that.