PDA

View Full Version : Failure to comply with Maintenance Manuals, ADs etc

Heliport
16th May 2002, 21:22
Gentlemen (and Ladies)
We've had many comment on the topic linked below, but few (it seems) from engineers.
I don't mean this to become a new thread. Your expert comments on the thread already running would be of great interest, and would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Click HERE. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=53392)

diwai
20th May 2002, 18:29
Dear Heliport you must be jockey to make comment on the fore said posts. I would realy like to know how many pilots have seen an AMM ,SRM, or an IPC for that matter let alone know the rules and regs of aircraft maintenance. Remember if you are to scared to fly get out of the industry, this an industry built on trust not newspaper and journalistic crap.

diwai:p :mad: :mad: :mad: :p

Blacksheep
21st May 2002, 09:46
I'm not sufficiently familiar with the case to make comment on the prison sentence or the reason why it was imposed. What I would like to know, is how did the fellow get led into making such a mistake (I note that certain weld repairs on this component ARE permitted) and what can be done to prevent such an error ever being repeated? Has a MEMS investigation been done and if so what was the outcome? If not, why not? Punishment has been meted out but, unless or until the cause of the mistake is determined, nothing is learned from this terrible event.

Through difficulties to the cinema