PDA

View Full Version : A330 Specific min. fuel quantity required upon landing according to your company SOP

Brotti
24th Feb 2014, 17:25
I've had some rumours from some experienced captains that some companies require specific min. fuel quantity upon landing ( for A330 some says 6 tons , some 10 tons ) , assuming all min. fuel quantity requirements such as min. diversion or final reserve fuel are met. Any imperative requirements according to your company SOP ? Or any ref. from Airbus on that matter ?
thanks in advance.

Offchocks
24th Feb 2014, 20:08
I don't fly A330s, however 10 or even 6 tons sounds excessive unless there is a company requirement.
Whether after landing at destination or diversion airfield, we require a minimum of fixed fuel reserve (30 min holding) at the end of the landing roll. I'm only guessing that this would on the A330 be in the region of 2.4 tons.

FBW390
24th Feb 2014, 20:56
Most airlines have this rule: never land with less than the Final Reserve, which is 30 mns holding. 2,1T to 2,5T mostly depending on weight, A332 or A333

Usually if you don't divert you will land at destination with 5 to 11T because you still have on board Alternate Reserve and a part or all Contingency fuel, usually 3% of Trip fuel.

I know chinese carriers will take more fuel, often landing with 15T, but I don't know more...:ok:

Piltdown Man
24th Feb 2014, 21:24
...never land with less than the Final Reserve, which is 30 mns holding.

...unless you want to do some paperwork. The word "rule" implies that disciplinary action will taken against anyone who breaks it. But this shouldn't be the case. Fuel is there to be burnt and if you end up burning any part of your Final Reserve, it's reasonable that you should have to justify doing so, but no more.

Capn Bloggs
24th Feb 2014, 22:33
Fuel is there to be burnt and if you end up burning any part of your Final Reserve, it's reasonable that you should have to justify doing so, but no more.
Knowing you're going to land with less than FR is a Mayday; I should hope it is therefore more than "reasonable" that you explain yourself, especially in a jet with 250+ punters on board!

Tinwacker
25th Feb 2014, 12:42
I'm only guessing that this would on the A330 be in the region of 2.4 tons.

You would be a tad light with 2.4 tons, enough to fill the fuel cells only..

Not knowing the actual company SOP, I frequently see A330s with 3-4 tons in each inner tank with outer tanks just drained or partially. The lowest I have seen is 5 tons after holding in bad weather so I assume that some of the reserve had been used - but we will get the actual figures soon..

25th Feb 2014, 12:55
Min final reserve fuel on an A330 is 2.3-2.6 tons depending on weight

safelife
25th Feb 2014, 14:34
Have been landing with as little as 3.2 tons on an A332, expect to see fuel low level warnings after being below 4 tons, but it varies a lot from aircraft to aircraft.

nitpicker330
26th Feb 2014, 02:55
Refer to FCOM Supp proceedures for expected low Fuel levels at destination. On the 300 less than 5400 kg's