PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated Commercial SEL and MEL

ipasgas1
12th Feb 2014, 21:00
I am a private SEL/MEL/INSTR rated pilot with a little over 500hrs with 100hrs being ME. I wish to get my commercial rating for both SEL and MEL. I currently work one week on and one week off and would like to get each rating during an off week. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio but can travel within reason. Any suggestions?

glendalegoon
19th Feb 2014, 13:17
first off, good luck.

second, I would do the single engine commercial first.

third, I would do them in planes you are familiar with already. ( I am guessing you would use a piper arrow and a piper seminole or seneca)

Have you taken the written exam? If NOT, do this before anything else.

I don't know of any good schools, but don't be surprised if there is one near you that could organize an intensive schedule for you.

AS the commercial is largely a visual checkride, you have to have your weather forecasts looking good for the whole thing.

Chandelles, lazy 8's, steep spirals are a little different type of thing and the scheduling stuff might make it tough this time of year. Why not spread it out over a month. Take lessons the one week off, work and think about it, and then review and test prep and test the next off week.

In some ways I think the single engine check will be harder

this is my username
19th Feb 2014, 15:46
Two years ago I used Tailwheels Etc (they were at Winter Haven, now at Lakeland) when I wanted an individual accelerated schedule. There were some bumps in the road but they were very focused on the end goal and delivered everything they said they would in the timescale agreed.

I took 8 days over my commercial and 3 days for he multi - with your experience it should be quicker

glendalegoon
19th Feb 2014, 21:13
have you looked at the same place that gave you the multi engine?

many places will clear their schedule for a week knowing they will get the serious dough rey me an accelerated student will bring. they will even schedule the check ride.

mind you again, the wx!