PDA

View Full Version : PPL A SSEA CAA

much2much
23rd Jan 2014, 13:38
HI PROBABLY OLD GROUND,just got a SSEA put on my old UK PPL since i don,t have a class 2,i had my old licence stolen, i am not sure how old ratings should appear, but it came back with SSEA and a night rating current, and in previously held ratings IMC SEP. i had held lots of other ratings including FI ,ME MEP SLMG I/R.some from my CPL not shown .
Apparently i did not put these on the form, according to B**ry at FLC who is polite and un-knowledgeable (must be senior) i only asked for SSEA via LAA, so there was no form filled in.
SHOULD SEP appear in the ratings so it can be revalidated with test and med?
Or will i forced to apply for a EASA when i revalidate the SEP,can the expired ratings be shown.CAA just send me crazy.AS for a night rating never needed it with the IR and never held one?
Just trying to get a duplicate was mad and again B**y answered and said apply for SSEA, to CAA, but i thought via the Laa was correct way, they however would not at first , approve class rating application without a licence copy. no licence. no class rating, no class rating ,no licence.Computer say no duplicate without the class 2 med,
THE CAA would not issue duplicate without applying for a new class rating. Now i seem to have lost the old class ratings..:ugh:more dosh whatever??
The LAA turned out most helpful in the end.

xrayalpha
23rd Jan 2014, 16:52
Absolutely, my dear chap!

Thoroughly agree!

Would be crazy to differ!

Now, what was it you were on about?

Or what is it you should be on!

much2much
23rd Jan 2014, 17:28
bugger* if i know just p** off when the chap on the phone said can,t help on the phone . love to Scotland,

perhaps ill come and see you for microlight rating seemed i probably need one now,..........just a tads,,,:mad: off..ed,
i

Whiskey Kilo Wanderer
23rd Jan 2014, 17:46
M2M,

The type of licence, i.e. EASA / UK PPL etc will depend on what sort of aeroplane you wish to fly. Anything that used to be classed as ‘C of A’ will need an EASA PPL, Permit aircraft and others, now called Annex 11 aircraft, can continue on the old PPL A. If your problem is Medical, as in not able to get a Class 11 Medical, you might consider the NPPL SSEA option (also via the LAA).

A convenient listing of this stuff can be found on Irv Lee’s website.
Licence/Ratings/Medical Combos 2012-2015 (http://www.higherplane.co.uk/combos.html)
Rule of thumb when converting licences seems to be that all the ratings (SEP, Night, IMCr etc) should be current when you apply for the new licence.

Good luck with your wrangling with the CAA.

much2much
23rd Jan 2014, 18:18
OK ta, thanks.well if i add a microlight to what they sent back i can fly ssea and micro until i hopefully get a medical. just seems ironic i now have a uk ppl with ssea and night rating(about the only rating i never had) , which obviously can,t be used together.
Still same as NPPL i guess?, i could go for LAPL.and cover both classes.and save the cost of a microlight rating.
By taking the SEP off it cost 80 ish pound to put it back plus test etc, and this cost about £ 290 for the test and rating ,on top of flying.
Irv's stuff is very useful cheers.
But flying again so grateful, just baffled by it all.

f 900 yes thats my point those rating are just not there? that defence thing happened! on the phone they implied it was my fault they only put on what you ask for,i did't fill in anything except a LAA application for a SSEA.
Off:to Gatport i think.:{ and if i drive that far a few days in france.