PDA

View Full Version : currency of JAR FATPL

kadochen
10th Jan 2014, 08:31
Hey there
I am holding a UK JAR FATPL, was rated on Fokker 27 and Beechjet, was flying with Netjets Europe until 08/2009, bailed out with their voluntary redundancy plan they had back then. Ever since, didn't fly at all. I am eager to regain currency, at least for the ME/IR part of my licence, and that would have to happen before 09/2014, date at which my commercial licence expires. Can anybody help with advice as to where, with whom, to which extend I'd have to do training, also keeping in mind thta I'd like the cost of this to be as low as possible.

RTN11
10th Jan 2014, 12:02
Do you mean you have a CPL?

If your CPL is current and you just want to get your MEP and SPA-ME-IR ratings back, it depends how long ago they expired. There are certain thresholds for the training requirement, I think up to seven years it's just training as required at the discrestion of an FTO, whereas beyond that you also need to retake groundschool.

So the question is when did your MEP expire, and when did your last IR expire? (not sure if you had a MPA-ME-IR).

Walk into any FTO and they will guide you through what is required, but it isn't going to be cheap. Even 2-3 hours training and a retest could be as much as £2,500.

kadochen
13th Jan 2014, 13:58
Actually, my last check was an LPC in the Beechjet sim back in 06/2009 with fsafety in Farnborough, and yes, I am holding a CPL. I still would welcome some kind of training, it's been quite a while now, I am sure you understand. Anyway, yes, anything up to 3000 GBP would be acceptable.
Thanks for your help anyway, am stil wondering when that is going to happen, need to free myself from work for a week or so, then travel to the UK. Exeter would be preferred, but flights from Germany to EXT are poor, to say the least. Should you have any suggestion, I'll take it

Cheers

S-Works
15th Jan 2014, 07:41
As the rating has expired by more than three years you will have to redo the training for the ME and training as required for the IR part. So you are looking at around 7hrs of training. 5 in the aircraft and 2 in the sim if you did it with me in Spain.

Its a pretty good guide that it will cost you about £2500-3000.

Drop me a pm if you are interested in doing it in the sun. If you want to do it in the UK I can do it there as well or can give you some contacts of other very good guys who can help you out.

BEagle
17th Jan 2014, 13:48
As the rating has expired by more than three years you will have to redo the training for the ME...

In response to widespread comments from industry, EASA has now agreed to re-write the associated AMC. Nevertheless, they stress that the guidance of AMC1 FCL.740(b)(1)(a)(3) is not obligatory and that refresher flying should be agreed between the ATO and applicant on a case-by-case basis, with details of the decision being submitted together with the course completion certificate.

BillieBob
17th Jan 2014, 15:38
As the rating has expired by more than three years you will have to redo the training for the METhat has never been the case. Training sufficient to reach the standard required to pass the proficiency check is all that is required. The ATO can take into account the recommendations in the AMC or, equally, it can ignore them - the amount of training is and has always been entirely at the discretion of the ATO.