PDA

View Full Version : APEX Flight Academy Taiwan

gerpols
23rd Dec 2013, 11:53
Anyone had a job offer from Apex Flight Academy?
A supposed new first flight school in Taipeh, Taiwan.
I have, anyone else ?

gingy
13th Mar 2014, 03:55
was wondering if the school has started operations? and are you currently working there?
thank you:ok:

fjordflyer
14th Jun 2014, 09:24
haha... hahaha... hahahahaha...:}

Apparently another white elephant settling for disaster even before takeoff. But hey, with some smooth talks and good marketing they'll be able to find investors to throw more money into that hole.

One of our best TRI's went there to help setting up the thing, after 3 months he is back working with us... and with some very funny stories!

spacepodlife
22nd Jul 2014, 06:38
Been there, done that.
If you want info on that 'thing' PM me.

I'll see you around the friendly skies folks

flyndad
8th Oct 2014, 21:11
What can you tell me about this school?

pompousboris
20th Nov 2014, 06:05
Nothing good unfortunately. I happened to know the guy running the show there. I'll be happy to share

mzpilot9
27th Nov 2014, 08:07
Hi,

could you please tell me what you know about Apex Flight Academy as I am supposed to have an interview with them very soon.
Thank you very much.

mzpilot9

gerpols
17th Dec 2014, 18:56
Guys,

At the end of the day Mr Wilson never hired me.
He said I did not have enough Part 141 experience.
I am 58 years old with FAA ATP ME,CFII and lots of flight and instructing time.
So to be honest, I do not know what this company is looking for.

Good luck everyone, he keeps on advertising on several pilot jobs seeking websites. Looks like he is still looking for instructors and assistent instructors.
Not that I have any idea what a Part 141 assistant flight instructor is..???
Anyway, I gave up on this guy and APEX Flight Academy.

Good night, time for a beer.....:ok:

Gerrit Pols

pompousboris
8th Jan 2015, 06:15
I guess the owner is just looking for someone with the impossible skill of getting along with the Chief Flight Instructor (ask anyone in the Philippines).

Not replying to applicant who has taken the time to travel 9,000 miles to do an interview and a full medical check in Taiwan is bad protocol and is telling a lot about the professionalism of this company.

You may also want to check with the (many) local employees who have already resigned from this company to have a better insight on this: accountant manager, mechanic, office assistant, instructors

wk747888
6th Mar 2015, 08:59
There are only one flight instructor that was let go so far and was due to serious attitude and ethics issue

hopper12
7th May 2015, 14:18
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone out there has recently or is currently working for Apex flight Academy. I've worked as an instructor in South Korea for two years (which has been great) and I am very interested in relocating to Taiwan. I would greatly appreciate if anyone has any recent information about this establishment.

Thanks

Jacoli
28th Jul 2015, 05:52
Hi,

I'm also interested in more information about Apex. I'm currently living in Taiwan and was thinking of starting a CPL course at Apex, but the comments here made me wary..
I wanted to PM pompousboris, spacepodlife, and fjordflyer, but it seems I can't.
If anyone has more info, please let me know.

Thanks

George Gozari
17th Aug 2015, 13:37
Hello there,

I really want to hear about the study program they provided here. I've had attend their presentation earlier and sounds very attractive, but I really want to know what is the "real" thing inside.

Thank you very much!

jadler10
20th Sep 2015, 02:44
I recently took a trip to Taiwan and visited the company's main office. I understand that they have recently signed a contract with TigerAir (Taiwanese regional) to provide simulator training and pilot Ab-initio training. I'd really like to get in touch with spacepodlife and or pompousboris but can't figure out how to send private messages

Krajchek
29th Nov 2016, 12:25
Hi there!

After they invited me for a Skype interview they changed their mind, saying I do not have a 5 year aviation work experience or a 2 year work experience with a diploma. hey claimed it is required by the workforce agency and they sent me this link below. BUT I is clearly stating I only need to have ONE of the mentioned requirements. I do have 5 years of AVIATION experience (does not say work experience) and I also have professional certificates. Am I correctly interpreting the rules? Check it out.
The contact person couldn't even tell me what sort of "document" they need which could prove my 5 years of experience.
Beyond all of this, they did not even mention this as a requirement on the job ads. None of them.
They sent me this:
http://ezworktaiwan.wda.gov (http://ezworktaiwan.wda.gov/).tw/ezworken/home.jsp?pageno=201508100015&point=tab3

Testing123
31st Dec 2019, 09:22
Bump ....

Any current news?

Testing123
6th Jan 2020, 09:11
Bump again!

Since “bumping” .... heard from the CEO/founder/entrepreneur of Apex ... supposedly he has seen the light regarding aviation safety. For those considering Apex, be careful!

Overo
28th Jan 2020, 17:23
Hi!
I've received an invitation for an interview from Apex. Someone knows about benefits working as an instructor there? Commuting allowance, education, etc?
thank you so much

Itellthejokes
29th Feb 2020, 02:37
Hi!
I've received an invitation for an interview from Apex. Someone knows about benefits working as an instructor there? Commuting allowance, education, etc?
thank you so much

Bump.

Gerpols any news about your interview with Apex ?

gerpols
1st Mar 2020, 09:33
Nope !
Never heard anything positive about APEX.
Fly safe, and have a great day !