PDA

View Full Version : Part-FCL Annex III Section C - spare me!!!

GGT
16th Dec 2013, 20:20
I've got a guy who has an FAA CPL(A) with MEP(Land) privileges. He would like to add said privilege to his EASA PPL(A). He does not comply with the requirements laid out in Part-FCL Annex III Section C as he does not comply with (d) (i) "100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that class".

So then, what does he have to do? I can't find that anywhere. Surely not the whole EASA MEP(Land) course? That would seem a bit extreme. Can any of you enlighten me, and more importantly point me to your source? Many thanks as ever.

ifitaintboeing
16th Dec 2013, 20:30
Article 8 of the Aircrew Regulation:

(2) Applicants for Part–FCL licences already holding at least an equivalent licence, rating or certificate issued in accordance with Annex 1 to the Chicago Convention by a third country shall comply with all the requirements of Annex I to this Regulation, except that the requirements of course duration, number of lessons and specific training hours may be reduced.

There is an excerpt with some explanatory notes in CAP 804, Section 4, Part Q, Subpart 2, page 1.

ifitaint...

GGT
17th Dec 2013, 07:19
ifitaint...

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'll have a look at that part of CAP 804.

GGT

BigGrecian
19th Dec 2013, 15:10
Don't forget part 3 of that regulation

The credit given to the applicant shall be determined by the Member State to which the pilot applies on the basis of a recommendation from an approved training organisation.

So the HT has to put together a syllabus and put it to the CAA if UK medical records or appropriate NAA.

The CAA are taking around 4 weeks in my experience to complete this and they are connecting the dots - as one they actually approved they rejected the application as the training hadn't been approved prior to - but I had the email so all was settled.

GGT
20th Dec 2013, 19:08
BigGrecian,

You're dead right. I eventually gave up my fruitless search and contacted the CAA today. They said if a candidate doesn't meet the published Class and Type rating acceptance criteria then it's a case by case basis at their discretion. I'm going to email them my candidate's licence and experience details then they'll tell me what he has to do. Seems a lot of fart-arsing around to me but that's where we appear to be.

GGT

BigGrecian
20th Dec 2013, 22:31
To be honest with the ME(P) most guys I have trainined have just done the 6 hours rather than wait for the civil to reply.

GGT
27th Dec 2013, 19:29
What with FCL's two week Xmas and New Year shutdown and however many weeks after that I wouldn't be surprised if my chap elected to do the same.

GGT
27th Dec 2013, 21:40
Especially considering that a few hours ago I emailed FCL as requested, only to just receive a reply saying that they're all on holiday and that my email has NOT been delivered - could I please resend it on January 2nd. What? Their mail server is on holiday as well??? Yep, just doing the whole damn course is starting to look the easy option. :ugh: