PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatics North West UK

marcm
16th Dec 2013, 13:02
Hello,
I am new to the forum and have been searching online for some time to find anywhere in the North West of the UK for aerobatic experiences.

There used to be a couple of companies at Barton and Blackpool but the seem to have stopped doing it.

Is there anywhere that I can get an experience as a gift for my wife ? She used to be mesmerised by the four-eyes plane that used to do the stunts at Barton.

Sir George Cayley
16th Dec 2013, 17:35
Calling Vic! Message for Mr C. If he don't know nobody knows.

SGC

magpienja
16th Dec 2013, 18:41
Seem to remember the flying School at Sleap do aeros...sort of the N/W I suppose.

piperboy84
16th Dec 2013, 18:49
Aeros in the Northwest of the UK?

Not sure if they do that at Oban or Plockton, Broadford maybe

:)sorry couldn't resist.

Maoraigh1
16th Dec 2013, 19:12
Oban or Plockton, Broadford maybe

I didn't realise some people thought of them as being in the North West.
I can confirm no-one north of Ullapool does it.

marcm
17th Dec 2013, 07:23
Sleap is looking good, Midlands is not too far away from Manchester. Thanks for the input guys and bonny Scotland is a little toooo far North.

ak7274
17th Dec 2013, 10:52
There is always Cas Smith at Full Sutton near York, but don't forget your passports for entry into God's own country.

Zulu Alpha
17th Dec 2013, 18:38
Bob Pooler at Sleap does aerobatic training in a Firefly. His students regularly enter aerobatic competitions.

Nice chap and a nice setup.

Cas Smith is also good. He has a Pitts S2B at Full Sutton

scrambled
17th Dec 2013, 20:26
Another vote for Bob at Sleap. Perfect for instruction and fun intro flights.

Fishtailed
17th Dec 2013, 22:40
Try HIGHG at Blackpool, Chipmunk, Bulldog, Yak 50, what more do you want?

marcm
18th Dec 2013, 09:13
I have bought the gift voucher for Sleap, hopefully the recipient will be over the moon.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Dave Wilson
18th Dec 2013, 13:54
Glad you got sorted but Sleap's hardly NW is it! It's further south than me and I'm East Midlands.

JDA2012
18th Dec 2013, 17:31
Sleap = 52.8347° N, 2.7703° W
East Midlands = 52.8311° N, 1.3281° W

Not a lot in it, to be sure - certainly heading appears to be as near due East / West as could be desired. I fly from Blackpool and would intuitively have classed Sleap as NW England (though not UK!) as I count it as "local", but suspect I might not if I had to drive there - the world is smaller in an aircraft :ok:.

My actual reason for posting is that I am looking into gaining an Aerobatic Rating next year, as it seems a logical progression in terms of improving my overall abilities and comfort levels (PPL+NR, IMC / IR(R) skills test on Friday). I have also been directed to Sleap but will make further enquiries at Blackpool on the back of the direction here.

GGR155
18th Dec 2013, 22:05
Flying Club at Tatenhill have a Decathlon which can be regularly seen being put through its paces by the CFI. I do believe instruction is available.