PDA

View Full Version : X-Plane 9 or 10 Flight Simulator for IFR

Ramjet555
30th Nov 2013, 15:39
I need to do some lap top Simulator work, ( after my IFR has lapsed for a long time,) and do not know if I can run X-Plane 10 on my June 2012 Dell Lap Top.

I am wondering if I should get the X-Plane 9, which I believe came out in 2008 but suspect it can be upgraded on line.

I'm also seeing a USB dongle for X-Plane 10 and wondering if that is going to save wear and tear on my lap top by avoiding running the DVD drive?

I'm getting the impression that it is better to run a stand alone desk top and monitor dedicated to the "one screen" simulator?

Any suggestions on controls? CH control column with throttle or just a side stick with a throttle / trim on it? I don't have a lot of desk space.

Any advice will be much appreciated

t211
30th Nov 2013, 18:37
May I suggest that you contact Randy at X-Plane .com by Email and tell him what spec you have and he will advise you. He Is very helpfull.

I Use X-Plane 8.6 and 9.0 and run It on a PFC C11 Pro there website Is Precision Flight Controls, Inc. (http://www.flypfc.com) there Equipment Is second to none they are based in California.

If I can be more help you can contact me:ok::ok: