PDA

View Full Version : Work Experience-Coventry????

Easy226
10th May 2002, 21:23
Ive been interested in aviation as well as air traffic control and i'm considering doing some work experience in the summer (im 17). I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on who to contact. I have been looking at Birmingham and Coventry airport, but Coventry seems the most suitable as i have heard that Birmingam is run by NATS.
I would be most grateful for any advice.

spekesoftly
10th May 2002, 23:23
I suggest you write letters to the personnel departments at both Airports. Give a brief description of your background and aviation interests, and include the dates when you would like the work experience, but try to be flexible. I can't advise specifically about B'ham or Coventry, but periods of one or two weeks are about the norm. Spending a few days with each Airport department, not exclusively with ATC, may be offered, and can give a useful insight into civil aviation. Can you enlist the help of a teacher/careers advisor, or similar, from School ? If so, they might also write a letter supporting your application. Good Luck.

Standard Noise
12th May 2002, 15:59
Easy 226 - Coventry is owned by the Air Atlantic Transport group (or whatever they are calling themselves this week). Their website is www.coventry-airport.co.uk
If there is no info on the site which helps, write to Mr Peter Jackson, Airport Manager, West Midlands International Airport, Baginton, Warks, CV8 3AZ.

They used to readily accept work experience peeps for a week at a time, but outside school/college terms, they may accept you for longer.

Good luck !

Easy226
13th May 2002, 21:22
OK. thankyou very much for the replies and especially for the adress. I've already been on the web-site, but i could not find any useful info on work experience? I think one of my friends dad works there too so i could speak to him. I'll write a letter to the manager soon. Do they grant air traffic control experience in particular??
Thanks