PDA

View Full Version : Should have went to SpecSavers

piperboy84
10th Nov 2013, 17:30
So out bimbling around the east of Scotland on this beautiful day and decided to land at Fife airport for a cappuccino, I belly up to the bar and place my order and noticed that they had put a large jar of Quality Street chocolates next to the pilot sign in book which i thought was damned decent of them,after rifling thru the jar and wolfing down more than a few of my favorites I could not help but notice the atrocious penmanship and sloppiness of the entries in the landing sign-in sheet, I thought to myself what a shower or uneducated bastards my fellow pilots must be, still waiting for my coffee I stuck on my glasses and proceed to sign in , then noticed the heading on the sheet said "Guess how many sweeties are in the jar" followed by a bunch of primary school contest entrants signatures , I quickly got my coffee and hightailed out the door feeling somewhat guilty I had just queered the contest by being a half blind greedy guts.

fatmanmedia
10th Nov 2013, 21:17
all i can say is

lol

fats

Lone_Ranger
10th Nov 2013, 22:12
After the mistaking a black and white sheep dog for a deer incident, nothing surprises me

First_Principal
10th Nov 2013, 23:41
hmmm, talk about taking candy from children :}

Aubrey.
10th Nov 2013, 23:54
Brilliant. You've made my day :p

Steve6443
11th Nov 2013, 06:01
excellent.......... rolling around the floor laughing......

AlexF388
11th Nov 2013, 07:27
Fantastic! At least you didn't end up on the flight deck of a carrier having mistaken it for a ferry..!!

Capetonian
11th Nov 2013, 07:31
In an office I once worked in we had a cardboard cut out of an Aer Lingus stewardess. She can't have been more than four feet tall and her base had been damaged so that she leaned at an angle slightly more than the Leaning Tower of Pisa. She had a fierce moustache pencilled on her upper lip and it was hard to imagine anything less lifelike.
Her lack of authenticity did not stop an elderly lady from walking up to her and asking her for a train timetable. I stepped forward and offered to fetch the timetable, at which she rounded on me with : "I wasn't addressing you, young man, I was talking to this young lady and I'm sure she is quite capable of finding me a timetable."

ETOPS
11th Nov 2013, 09:53
Sometimes see their Kingair around..
http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/small/9/8/2/1593289.jpg

dont overfil
11th Nov 2013, 10:19
Big brightly coloured knobs on the Maule I hope:ok:
D.O.

AdamFrisch
11th Nov 2013, 18:58
That kind of made my day.:ok:

Unusual Attitude
11th Nov 2013, 21:39
If I'd known that I would have thought twice about parking in front of you at the fuel pumps today!

The Vis was perfect on the way in wasn't it ;)

airpolice
12th Nov 2013, 00:43
Should have gone........

ETOPS
12th Nov 2013, 07:08
No airpolice - it's a deliberately badly written title for humorous purposes. Think Ernie Wise and his plays "wot he wrote" :)

Weeds round the prop
12th Nov 2013, 09:06
Not aviation related but:
A friend recently went into his club and, whilst awaiting his tipple, tossed a slack handful of 'nuts' into his mouth which he found in a bowl on the bar. As he struggled to chew them the barman pointed out that the bowl was there for the purpose of spitting olive pits into. Yeurgh!

hegemon88
13th Nov 2013, 21:37
... or so the economists say. So if it's a freebie, take a closer look!

Made my day, too! :D

J.A.F.O.
14th Nov 2013, 10:50
ETOPS - Are you sure it's not just Scottish dialect? They have a very odd way with English (and, often, the English) you know.

ETOPS
14th Nov 2013, 20:54
They have a very odd way with English (and, often, the English) you know.

Thanks for reminding me - I'm married to a woman from Paisley, and I have the scars to prove it :ouch:

Capetonian
8th Jun 2014, 17:23
I was walking through a small village in Surrey yesterday on my way to have tea with friends. On the other side of the street I saw : "THE VILLAGE BAKERS". Having crossed the road and about to walk in to get a cake for tea I realised it was the ........................

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfcESd4KQj4Y4VH1ZEyNAfdFT6q1Es7MJE_i2-H85qqA1D38QV

Heston
8th Jun 2014, 18:48
Marrow bone treats for dogs look an awful lot like fig rolls... guess how I know?

Helicopterdriverguy
8th Jun 2014, 19:07
Fantastic! Hahaha

abgd
8th Jun 2014, 20:09
As an aside, my AME asked for a copy of my prescription, which I hadn't been prepared for. I'd anticipated he would need to test my visual acuity himself. So I rang Specsavers and they mailed it to me up in Inverness where I was training. I was very impressed.

Their specs were good too, and when my toddler finally broke one of the arms on them I discovered that they do spare parts!

PompeyPaul
8th Jun 2014, 21:04
Need to stop a dog barking fast? Quality Street Toffee Penny does it instantly.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4015/4393566284_6a7130b279_m.jpg

onetrack
9th Jun 2014, 07:41
I always remember an old story Dad used to relate with relish. He knew an old *** who was as tight as the rest of them.

One day he says to Dad, "I vos valking down der street, and I tort I saw a two shilling piece on der footpath!! I bent over to pick it up - and it vos der spit!!" :yuk: :)

gileraguy
9th Jun 2014, 23:10
I was drinking and cooking one night and I put what I thought was paprika on my chicken. When I ate the dish I was surprised at how hot it was!
The next day I noticed how similar the master foods Cayenne Pepper and Paprika are...

GW PA28 121
10th Jun 2014, 14:04
Absolutely brilliant.... Great to read these