PDA

View Full Version : contingency procedures in the AFI region

baobab72
7th Nov 2013, 11:24
hello
i am writing a memo for my company about contingency procedures within the AFI region, in the specific about loss of radio communications, unable to maintain assigned FL within RVSM airspace and weather deviation.

in case of radio comm maintain the current flight level for 20 minutes then apply the usual procedures.

in case of an inflight contingency that prevents the airplane from maintaining the assigned FL turn 90 degrees left or right away from the assigned routing, from the track system and towards the mainland!, parallel your track by 25nm and once established on the parallel track descent according to the drift down altitude and the semicircular assigned altitude plus or minus 500ft. some sources specify 45 degree initial turn and a 15nm off side track. in case of a loss of pressurization start our descent immediatly while commencing the turn away from the assigned route.

As far as wx deviation is concerned if it is less than 10nm no clearance is required other than the usual procedures if in IFBP airspace and the assigned altitude must be maintained, if more depending on the magnetic track a change in altitude of 300ft either up or down in a fashion similar to the NAT region must be carried out.

what are the offcial documents that i can refer to in the specific?

M-ONGO
7th Nov 2013, 11:47
ICAO doc 7030?

http://code7700.com/pdfs/icao_doc_7030.pdf

RVSM REFERENCE DOCUMENTS

ICAO The material is covered in the following documents: Annex 2; chapter 3, para.2

Annex 6; part 1, paragraph 6.18 Annex 10;vol.iv

Annex 11; Para. 2.4.2

PANS-OPS; vol.1, part viii PANS- ATM; chapter 4.