PDA

View Full Version : RPT for YBAF

RatsoreA
7th Nov 2013, 09:01
Business travellers taking flight from Archerfield from early 2014 | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/national/queensland/business-travellers-taking-flight-from-archerfield-from-early-2014/story-fnii5v6w-1226754451329)

Early 2014?! It's already late 2013!

jbr76
7th Nov 2013, 10:18
Having bugsmashers in the circuit doing glide approaches, flapless approaches, assymetric approaches with an increased volume of RPT turboprops in the mix will be very interesting. :E

I think RWY28R/10L would require a PAPI of some sort though if said RPT flights were to flow past EOD?

Jabawocky
7th Nov 2013, 11:27
They do them at YBSU.......etc etc....

jbr76
7th Nov 2013, 13:22
Correct Jaba,

But I would imagine the circuit at YBAF would be more saturated with bugsmashers than YBSU. You don't have contra ccts happening at YBSU! :E

It'll be interesting to see who puts their hand up to operate out of YBAF first.

Can't see any of the big names lining up too soon. Maybe a good spot for SKP?

underfire
7th Nov 2013, 20:00
Well, there is this...(jeez)

http://i42.tinypic.com/qzn57q.jpg

falconx
7th Nov 2013, 21:36
Q-link 100 report sighting a Fokker , your 11 o'clock low he's also inbound L

mates rates
7th Nov 2013, 22:10
Remember ASA only provide an air traffic SERVICE in class D.So can we expect VFR traffic will be grounded whilst an IFR Dash arrives or departs? great for training aircraft efficiency!

megle2
8th Nov 2013, 03:21
Even when they are using 01 BN on a clear night you hear the AF bound IFR aircraft being vectored to delay / or holding waiting to get over to AF to get down into the circuit

In IMC with 01 in use you would need to cover the extra fuel waiting for your gap in the 01 sequence to have a crack at your AF instrument approach

Still its better than the BN delays

Going Nowhere
8th Nov 2013, 04:39
Not really, if you need to wait for a gap in the 01 arrivals to land at YBAF, you might as well just use the slot at BNE!

Day VMC, shouldn't be too much trouble. Anything other than that, forget it.

It sounds like they're only planning a handful of flights a day.

LongLats
8th Nov 2013, 07:11
Could be pretty cool. I flew into Archerfield once, and that old terminal acts like a commemoration of the General Aviation industry that was once booming and exciting. Now, like most old GAAP aerodromes it's not far off from looking like ghost town. Could be nice to see some living people in and about there.

shinning
8th Nov 2013, 07:44
Won't be delays just for the arrivals to YBAF. Expect the YBAF RPT departures to wait on the ground as well due to BN ILS traffic, since I assume they'll all want the AF radar SID and won't shoot out OCTA on a VFR departure.

Ixixly
8th Nov 2013, 07:55
Question for those in the know, I haven't operated out of AF for a few years and when I did I never paid much attention to it as it was all Day operations, but is there a curfew at AF? Would this be a way around the problem of conflicting with BNE traffic by operating during their curfew period when they aren't around?

Obviously this will probably catch up eventually if there isn't already a curfew but it would be sometime I'd suspect before the complaints reach a level high enough to warrant attention and longer still before some committee is organised to even look into it!

morno
8th Nov 2013, 08:09
Brisy doesn't have a curfew. They try their best to operate to noise abatement procedures between about 2200 and 05-0600 local, but no curfew as such.

morno

shinning
8th Nov 2013, 08:11
Ixixly, it wouldn't necessarily help unless they want to operate at very odd hours. AF TWR hours are currently only 0700-1700 local. Outside of that it is class G services. BN sequence starts by 0600 local and runs pretty much until 2200, depending on the time of year (ie daylight savings in southern states). Of course, there are quiet(ish) periods during the day, but they can be hard to predict. BN RWY19 doesn't present too many issues, however extended periods on RWY01 (as has been the case recently) could be awkward.

Berealgetreal
8th Nov 2013, 08:20
Morno, I read somewhere that K. Rudd was suggesting a curfew for Brisbane.

The AF solution would be good if it worked. Might ease the load on Bris.

Given that the country takes 30 years to even decide to build an airport it would be handy if they tried to use other airports rather than mixing Navajos with 777's. Would be handy where its mining charter and people just want to get on and get off the machine as quickly as possible.

No Cookies | The Courier-Mail (http://www.couriermail.com.au/business/business-travellers-to-take-off-from-archerfield-with-new-year-services/story-fnihsps3-1226754604504)

Looks like Acacia Ridge residents are being fed a load of "Bull". :)

Tinstaafl
9th Nov 2013, 00:08
Surely there's a way to operate both airport's approaches? Orlando, Florida, where I live now, has Orlando Executive directly under the the flight path for Orlando Int'l's 18R ILS or LOC at only 8.5nm from the MApT. Orlando Int'l has another 3 runways parallel to 18R. Meanwhile Exec's 07 has both ILS & GPS approaches to its 07/25 runway.

Obviously the hills around Brissy are a consideration, but then Orlando Exec has a cluster of masts to 1 or 2 thousand feet high only about 10 nm off the departure end of 07, and the city's high buildings near the approach end.

Jabawocky
9th Nov 2013, 10:55
I was there two weeks ago.....Orlando is a good example. Less hills but good example.

morno
9th Nov 2013, 11:32
What on earth were you doing in Orlando Jaba?

Tinstaafl
9th Nov 2013, 14:03
Yeah. We could have met for a beer!

Berealgetreal
10th Nov 2013, 07:46
Qld leading the charge into the 21st century:

Failed ex PM Rudd switches tack to destroy Brisbane Airport | Plane Talking (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2013/11/10/failed-ex-pm-rudd-switches-tack-to-destroy-brisbane-airport/)

Jabawocky
12th Nov 2013, 07:48
Morno, Top Secret mission.

Was there for a night, Daytona for the day and back out of Orlando that afternoon. That and the rest of the trip was a schedule from hell.

We had a beer at the so called Aussie bar at the airport. I asked what premium beers they had.....Fosters and XXXX were in the list.......I said I asked for PREMIUM beers .....they did not get it :}

Next time Tinstaafl :ok:

So what RPT is coming to YBAF?

Jabawocky
12th Nov 2013, 07:51
That link to a comment by Kevin Rudd just proves he is a moron. I can't for the life of me think how any rational sensible person can com to that conclusion at all.

Unbelievable stuff. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Berealgetreal
12th Nov 2013, 07:54
Bet you didn't pay $10 for a pot.

Acacia Ridge residents aren't happy. Clue for house buyers: if there is a runway nearby some planes might be involved at some stage.

chimbu warrior
12th Nov 2013, 08:58
So yes, you can do it. Operationally - no problem.

Things only happen when people at the top of the (in)decision making pile want them to happen - something that is sadly lacking in this country.

Jabawocky
12th Nov 2013, 09:16
chimbu......surely not, decisions to make things happen?

I believe there are three kinds of people in the world;
1. Those who make things happen.
2. Those who watch things happen.
3. And those who wonder what the fokker happened

Tinstaafl
12th Nov 2013, 12:05
Orlando Exec tower isn't 24 hr but that doesn't stop IFR departures outside TWR hours. We contact Orlando APP/DEP directly & get a clearance with a void time if not airborne by that time.

BNEA320
26th Nov 2013, 04:39
hardly any noise from Dash 8's.

NGsim
26th Nov 2013, 07:04
And if it's not Dash-8's??

BNEA320
29th Nov 2013, 04:02
thought dash 8's had been mentioned ?

What's the biggest bird that could get in & out of BAF with a full load ?

Could Jetgo's E-jets get in & out ?

falconx
29th Nov 2013, 04:49
SAABS and Dash's no e jets - not long enough

TBM-Legend
29th Nov 2013, 10:43
Try Corporate Air Saab 340's...

BNEA320
1st Dec 2013, 02:06
Why do you mention Corporate Air ?

Are they operating the flights out of BAF ?

BNEA320
5th Dec 2013, 22:26
now everyone knows QF is in total disarray & in downward spiral, tining is perfect for RPT out of Archerfield, but where to ?

VH-FTS
6th Dec 2013, 00:26
WTF have they got to do with one another? Stick to your CPL studies...

BNEA320
6th Dec 2013, 01:23
QF must cut domestic frequencies. The 65% line in the sand is stupid.

So some of the delays at BNE will reduce but peak hour will still be congested.

Many people are sick of delays delays delays at BNE & other ports.

VH-FTS
6th Dec 2013, 01:35
Based on the rubbish you keep posting on pprune today, you really have no idea or are a troll.

BNEA320
6th Dec 2013, 01:44
are you currently flying for QF ?

VH-FTS
6th Dec 2013, 01:55
No.

Dammit, I fed the troll.

BNEA320
6th Dec 2013, 03:27
speak english