PDA

View Full Version : Ground exam tuition

RMC
6th Nov 2013, 10:00
I have just completed my PPL flying training and have a problem with my ground exams.

I completed all exams apart from the flight planning and performance exam last Summer.

I have now come to sit flight planning and performance and been told the syllabus has changed and I now need to complete a flight planning and navigation exams.

I am looking to pay for some over the phone / online advice / tuition but need to take these exams before the end of this week.

Do you have anyone know anyone knowledgeable in these new exams who can spare a few hours?

Thanks in advance

Alan

AucT
6th Nov 2013, 12:15
The only thing comes to my mind is "The Great Circle" and they offer all PPL theory in 5 days!

Another option might be to call any flight school or club and spend 1-2days with an instructor. I am pretty sure they would be happy to get some money in these gloomy days when they have no flying time to be paid for :)

Also, you might actually need to resit all 9 subject now, as of Sept 2013 new PPL is being "enforced" by CAA following changes according to EASA!

Oh one more thing: I frequently see adverts on last pages of General Aviation (AOPA magazine) magazine for fast one to one PPL training and examinations.

GgW
6th Nov 2013, 16:57
I have now come to sit flight planning and performance and been told the syllabus has changed and I now need to complete a flight planning and navigation exams.

Why do you need to repeat the Nav exam?

Genghis the Engineer
6th Nov 2013, 17:08
CATS - Cranfield Aviation Training School do a free PPL groundschool course online, you could try that.

I did CPL groundschool with them some years ago and was reasonably content; I've not used the PPL material but not heard any complaints about it either.

Apart from that, given the dreadful weather in the UK this week, I'd have thought that pretty much any local flying instructor would have no problem helping you out without disrupting his flying programme.

G

BigGrecian
6th Nov 2013, 17:49
Read :

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/srg_lts_IN%20PPL%20New%20Exams_v2_03052013.pdf Para 2.1