PDA

View Full Version : Legal right to work in europe

Inning1
3rd Nov 2013, 07:52
Hello. I am russian citizen with faa cpl me/ir and I also have an unrestricted permission to live and work in germany,but it is not a citizenship. I am looking to convert my faa to jaa license. So now the question. Can I work not only in germany with my permission,but in other european countries or it is illegial?thanks.

Denti
3rd Nov 2013, 08:40
As far as i know that would be illegal. To profit from the free right to live and work anywhere in the EU you have to be an EU citizen. The easiest solution would be to get a german citizenship, or any other EU citizenship for that matter.

The german pilot market is completely dead at the moment except for those in cadet programs of either lufthansa or air berlin or some pay to fly programs (not a good idea, doing these means you're unemployable with the aforementioned bigger airlines). Getting an EU citizenship would be a good idea therefore if you you insist on working in the EU, which in its current economic climate is quite a questionable idea.

Inning1
3rd Nov 2013, 08:56
So if we are speaking about working in europe it is not a good idea? And pilot job market especially for low hour pilots is completely dead in europe? And what about asia or africa? I have heard that they prefer more jaa licences than faa

P40Warhawk
3rd Nov 2013, 10:46
Why do you want to work in EU anyway?

I wish I was a Russian in that matter, that in Russia there are a lot of jobs for low houred pilots. As long as you have a bachalor. So I suggest to get a pilot job in Russia. Many N registered Bizz jetz in Russia. Maybe an idea?

EU is as mentioned , DEAD.
Otherwise you have also many oppertunities in CIS countries.

lyubko
25th Nov 2013, 20:35
"I wish I was a Russian "

You have plenty of pilots jobs in a competitive salaries and benefits.
( by my point of view ) http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

RedBullGaveMeWings
25th Nov 2013, 21:20
Well, I wish I were American:hmm:

P40Warhawk
26th Nov 2013, 09:11
@ Lyubko,

There are in EU almost no oppertunities as Low Houred Pilot. Just say None.

In Russia there is a lack of well trained Pilots. But no possibility for now to apply as a foreigner.

lyubko
26th Nov 2013, 10:05
It is possible to be changed soon. They ( Russians CAA ) consider to remove restrictions for foreign captains. This step will cause at least a little bit movement on EU pilots market. I don't know is this market dead or alive, but I'm in 100% ensure that is totally blocked right now. From other side, you will hear opposite statements if you wish..

P40Warhawk
26th Nov 2013, 15:57
The pay in Russia is in general quiet good, so Captains might go there. That means senior FO's might get upgrade to captain, which means new Junior FO's Needed etc.

But I am not to enthusiastic for now. Since we have an overload of jobless pilots in EU.

mad_jock
26th Nov 2013, 16:08
I suspect though that none Russian speaking pilots won't get a look in.

And there are actually quite a few of them about flying in the former eastern block countries that are members of the EU.

And who ever does go is going to have a huge learning curve in the CRM department compared to Western CRM.

lyubko
26th Nov 2013, 17:18
"I suspect though that none Russian speaking pilots won't get a look in."
It's depend on actual work status ...
About payment in Russia it should be compared with most EU companies ( central and western ) http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/smile.gif
I didn't told about BG , LTH .. :=

mad_jock
26th Nov 2013, 17:25
there are hundreds of unemployed pilots in Poland and other States. If the pay is to western standards they will be off like a shot when a 737 Captain in Poland gets 3.5k euros a month before tax.

lyubko
26th Nov 2013, 17:41
In every possible scenario - if Russians will open their pilot jobs market this will cause some movement on EU pilots market. Just for example - if you have to choice between real pilot position in Istanbul and to stay at home unemployed , even if you aren't Turkish speaking ?

mad_jock
26th Nov 2013, 17:48
not for low houred FO's. They would need to soak up hundreds of pilots to make even a splash in the pool

lyubko
26th Nov 2013, 18:04
This isn't solution of course, but every movement in this direction is well appreciated.

lyubko
26th Nov 2013, 18:16
In other words :
All we have legal right to work in EU, unfortunately we haven't possibility in ..
Have some fun while you looking around EU

mad_jock
27th Nov 2013, 00:48
Well we don't actually as company's can still require the local lingo to employ you.

And there are certain national prejudices which come into action. Western European countries will tend not to go for eastern Europeans and vice versa. There is never anything that can be done about it because of mainly the sheer volume of people who meet the criteria. You would never be able to prove that the 10 UK pilots were discriminated against when there was another 90 pilots in the pool for 2 jobs.

lyubko
27th Nov 2013, 07:41
Sorry Mad Jock !
I wouldn't like to set Eastern versus Western EU. My intention is to say that we need of external markets for pilots production . To establish a trade mark " made in EU " for better ( safety&efficiency ) pilots is a good reason to make own rules like JAR-EASA . Any other reason is just bureaucrats justification. For example - Airbus expansion on the aircrafts market.

mad_jock
27th Nov 2013, 13:00
Thing is external markets are just temporary. They only use western pilots until the locals can get trained up then the ex-pats get booted out the door.

They could take on 600 pilots tomorrow and that still wouldn't empty the KLM hold pool

MartinCh
9th Dec 2013, 16:01
Denti is not 100% correct. Uninformed opinion, I'd say and common one. Aviation expertise does not cover complex EU laws and rules. I know as I dealt with it before and in UK (extra hassle with Ho' o(ri)fice) :mad:

OP, if you're de facto partner (eg in UK they want provable 2-3 years of relationship/cohabitation) or married spouse of EU national, then if they move with you to other EU country, you can get right to work as per the EU/EEA rights and get the EEA2 card as confirmation of status. After qualifying time (which I suspect may be longer than getting nationality in Germany after livin there long enough, not soure about your circumstances), you can get EEA4 card, full PR (perm res) as family member of EU national.

The catch is that technically the EU national partner/spouse should live in the 'third country' within EU with you as your status would be derived from theirs 'exercising treaty rights'. Look it up if you meet the conditions and you're determined to stay within EU.
Good idea is to have the relevant EEA1 or EEA3 sorted beforehand as some authorities/governments may want bureaucraPic proof/shuffling.

Other than UK Home Office (as mentioned above, ehrm) and UK related websites, it's not comin up on google straight away. This explains it briefly as well. I guess it's most popular for people taking advantage of it to have right to work and live in UK..
EEA Family Permit. EEA Residence Document. Permanent Residence for EEA nationals and non-EEA Family Members. EEA Appeals. Application EEA1,EEA2,EEA3,EEA4 applications (http://www.legalcentre.org/EU-and-EEA-Nationals-and-Family-Members.html)