PDA

View Full Version : SEP Class Rating Validity

Okavango
31st Oct 2013, 11:25
I revalidated my SEP held on my PPL in Nov 2012 so would not need to revalidate until Nov 2014. However, I also had a CPL test in July 2012 with the Class rating on that requiring revalidation July 2014. What are the legalities of flying beyond next July without revalidating (is the Nov 2014 date now null and void and the CPL LST date takes precedence)?

Level Attitude
31st Oct 2013, 11:47
Why are you running two Licences?
(Not allowed under EASA)

When you got your CPL in July 2012 (with SEP Rating to July 2014)
why did you think it necessary to revalidated the Rating on your, now
defunct, PPL.

nick14
31st Oct 2013, 12:32
Whatever dates are in your CPL for each of the ratings you hold, are the expiry dates for you ratings. Revalidation must be done before that otherwise you may not exercise the privileges.

Did you do an MEP class as part of your CPL? If so your SEP will be unaffected. However if your CPL was done in an SEP the date may have changed to 2 years from the skills test.

MrAverage
31st Oct 2013, 13:12
Still possible to have a non expiring National UK PPL (or indeed an NPPL) alongside an EASA licence..........

Whopity
31st Oct 2013, 16:07
So long as you have a C of R for the SEP that is valid you are legal.

DB6
31st Oct 2013, 23:24
Level Att, first I heard of that. I have a lifetime UK PPL, a UK CPL (with useful embedded IMC), and a JAR ATPL. No EASA crap yet. Tossers.

nick14
31st Oct 2013, 23:52
Your JAR licence is now an EASA one.

You cannot hold more than one EASA licence per aircraft category, national licence are not included in that.

Whopity
1st Nov 2013, 10:25
The same was true of JAA licences but not all States observed that rule. Throughout the JAA episode the CAA encouraged the movement of Cs of R between different licences because they could not be bothered to issue new ones. They do not appear to have cancelled any old licences since the 90s when it was quite common to cancel the old one when a new one was issued.

Level Attitude
1st Nov 2013, 13:05
a UK CPL (with useful embedded IMC),
Depends what you fly. A UK pre-JAA CPL will not be valid for
'EASA' aircraft after 7th April 2014.

When you convert your JAA ATPL to an EASA ATPL make sure you
apply for an IR(R) at the same time, on the strength of the embedded
IMC privileges of your UK CPL.

If you don't apply you wont get it. CAA staff are not mind readers.

DB6
4th Nov 2013, 19:41
Aye, will do. My UK CPL expires in April anyway so I'll have to grasp the nettle at some point. Even though it sticks in my craw. I'll still have my lifetime UK PPL though, hoorah!

Okavango
6th Nov 2013, 13:18
Usual EASA CAA clarity then!! I'll stick with the CPL test date for safety.

Whopity
6th Nov 2013, 16:41
I'll stick with the CPL test date for safety. For rating validity you must stick to the expiry date as entered on the Certificate of Revalidation. If you have two Cs of R then the later one is the limit.