PDA

View Full Version : Flying schools in Europe

Emkay
22nd Oct 2013, 20:00
Can anyone recommend some good value for money flying schools in Europe for an EASA PPL, that have good weather prospects and are fully english speaking?

I have my first UK choice as Inverness but I am still skeptical about the weather over there.

skyfox2
22nd Oct 2013, 22:49
I was looking for something yours.i found Malta.search european flight academy.very kind people.not Flying with them but i m consider to study there

vetflyer
23rd Oct 2013, 10:12
Hi

Perhaps Inverness has a better weather than you would think

Think you can check stats online

cattardbezzina
13th Nov 2013, 10:15
Malta School of Flying

Fleet consists of 2x Cessna 152, 2x C172, 1x Tecnam p92JS and 1x Tecnam P2006T (both tecnams brand new)

Home | Professional Aviation Training, Malta Wings and Malta School of Flying. (http://www.maltaflying.com/malta-school-flying/home)

I am based in Malta and regularly fly the fleet of Cessnas

Hope this helps, good luck!

riverrock83
13th Nov 2013, 12:32
There are hundreds of schools across the UK - all of which (of course) are in English (despite what some people in Scotland might claim)...

You will need to define your requirements much more closely to get any really useful answers on here.

As for value for money - there isn't going to be a huge cost difference between any of them (£1000 here or there I'd expect). Some will have landing fees included, some will have a big up front membership fee to pay, some charge airborne time plus 5 min, some charge Hobbs time (essentially time when the engine is running). As for value, some will have accommodation on site, some will have newer (or more backup) aircraft, some will have instructors who have just finished PPL themselves, others will have ex RAF test pilots, some will be on small grass airfields, others will be at large international airports with full ATC, so what do you mean by value?

General advice is not to pay all the costs "up front" as cash flow is an issue in any business and you don't want them to go bust before you complete your course, taking your money with them. Also this would be for completing the course in minimum hours.

As I say - need to provide more info on what you're looking for!
RR