PDA

View Full Version : Boeing Displays

Westnest
14th Oct 2013, 19:43
It is going to be a odd question, but do anybody know the screen resolution of Boeing monitors? And does it differ with MFD, PFD, EICAS and secondary EICAS. I couldn't find any answers to this on Boeing manuals. I know it is not an important stuff, but I just wonder.

Pub User
14th Oct 2013, 22:46
You're right, it is an odd question.

I can't imagine that Boeing's displays are all the same resolution. The 737 NG, for example, probably has higher resolution LCD displays than the old CRTs used on 757s and early 737s.

The resolution of screens is fixed, and will not be affected by whatever is displayed upon them.

Pub User
14th Oct 2013, 22:54
Having done a small amount of googling, I believe the 737-900 displays screens are VGA (640x480 pixel), if that is any help.

I don't think the display content requires any particularly high resolution, so the best answer to your original question is likely to be the same as Rolls Royce's answer to how many BHP their (car) engines have: "sufficient".

tdracer
15th Oct 2013, 03:33
I don't know the resolution, but the six displays on the 757/767 are interchangeable (PFD, MFD, and both EICAS) - as in the same part number. They originally were CRTs, but were switched to LCDs quite a while ago (lighter and more reliable).

Likewise, the six displays on the 747-400 and -8 are also interchangeable but a little larger than the corresponding units on the 757/767. If I recall correctly, those also started out as CRTs, switched to LCDs but I wouldn't swear to it. Same thing with the 777, again the displays a bit larger although I think the 777 had LCDs at EIS (again, going from memory here, might be a bit off).

787 is a totally different setup, using a couple big LCD screens that combine the displays of the smaller units on the 747/757/767/777. The 767 tanker will get a setup based on the 787.

The Dominican
15th Oct 2013, 20:27
You gentlemen are in desperate need of hobbies....! :eek: