PDA

View Full Version : CAA examiner required for PPL revalidation

Bjoerny
23rd Sep 2013, 20:16
Hi all,

I'm based in Germany (moved back last year after 6 years in the UK), flying on a CAA PPL(A) and need a CAA examiner to revalidate my license on experience by 5 October. I have my 12 hours/landings and hour with an instructor done. I'm in London early next week, any examiner around who could help me out please?

Thanks very much,
Bjoern

3 Point
23rd Sep 2013, 20:43
You could go to the CAA at Gatwick and get them to do it!?!

BillieBob
23rd Sep 2013, 21:52
It is not possible to revalidate a licence by experience, or by any other means for that matter. If it is a CAA licence then it does not expire; if it is a JAA licence issued by the UK CAA that is about to expire then it must be re-issued as an EASA licence (which does not expire). It is, of course, always possible that it is not the licence but the class rating that is about to expire, in which case 3point's solution would work.

Bjoerny
24th Sep 2013, 05:18
sorry about the confusion, it is obviously the SEP class rating that is about to expire. anyway, I've just found a solution.

Thanks for all the help!

Rhino25782
25th Sep 2013, 07:49
Bjoerny,

In case you need a backup solution or an alternative for the future:

Qualified non-UK examiners can do the same.

I did my skill test in Germany for a CAA-issued license after training in the US.

Here's the link to the CAA regulations regarding this:

Examiners | Training and Exams | Personal Licences and Training (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=2026&pagetype=90&pageid=13935)

Not sure where you're based, but as of now (after I paid for the examiner's CAA briefing....) FFL in Essen/Mühlheim has at least one examiner who can do this.

Cheers

Patrick

worldpilot
1st Dec 2013, 19:30
I'm currently in Need of a CAA examiner in Munich. Any Infos to help me address the similar Situation?

My SEP rating just expired last week. If I Pay for the CAA Briefing, can the instructor renew it?

How much does the briefing cost?

WP

nick14
2nd Dec 2013, 12:52
Nope you need a renewal prof check which must be done by an examiner. If you find a German examiner he can do it as long as he has received the briefing.

worldpilot
12th Dec 2013, 19:22
Ok. Thanks for your thoughts. I've been able to sort things out.

WP

turbine100
16th Dec 2013, 16:30
How does the foreign examiner get a UK briefing? Is it a self briefing via the UK CAA website or do they have to call up a CAA at Gatwick?

Skeeve
16th Dec 2013, 17:03
The former:
Examiners | Training and Exams | Personal Licences and Training (http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=2026&pagetype=90&pageid=13935)