PDA

View Full Version : Fujairah Info pleez

Kuntrol_Freek
6th May 2002, 12:03
Fujairah are advertising ATC vacancies at the moment. Does anybody on this forum work there or know of somebody who does work there. I am after info about working conditions, salary lifestyle etc.
All help appreciated ....

6th May 2002, 16:04
Can't vouch for ATC, but I used to go to Fujairah (port) a lot in my previous job - the only thing I can really say is that it's a long way from anywhere!

aluminium persuader
13th May 2002, 21:50
G'day, Freek!
I looked into Fujairah a year or so ago, here's what I found.
Youngest of the UAE states, in general, a pretty quiet airport, a couple of hours-ish drive from Abu Dhabi (or poss DXB, can't remember which), hence the lack of scheduled pax services. The busy sea-port is nearby and the airport is trying to build its cargo side to integrate with this. Could be successful as Fuj is right at the mouth of the Gulf. Mostly Eastern bloc traffic and occasional heavy use by USAF, it has a fairly new terminal. Single runway has ILS (one end only I think) VOR/dme. Accommodation was included, but I was advised to get everything in writing before signing, as it can be fairly basic. Apparently not a wonderful place for wife/kids as still Arabic rather than Western, although the state is trying to expand its tourism business. Plenty of beach-stuff & fishing, but Abu & DXB are better for shopping etc. NOT an easy place for a beer! There is a state web-site and also an aiport web-site but I can't remember the addresses. I found them with a couple of quick searches on Copernic. If you find anything interesting, let me know!
A salaam Aleikum!

Kuntrol_Freek
14th May 2002, 16:16
Thanks for the info ..... I am that point in my career where I am about ready to go sit on the beach .... trouble is I need a beer with me at all times :(

bigmanatc
19th May 2002, 14:43
To the person looking for info on Fujairah, try this [email protected]`s the bossman at Fujairah. And yes, get everything in writing, all the offers etc, don`t worry about the beer, there`s plenty. I know, I work there.

see ya