PDA

View Full Version : Rattlesden Gliding Club - Frequency

Arclite01
4th Sep 2013, 12:27
I was thinking of popping in here at the weekend.

Does anyone know the A/F frequency or are they operating on the gliding common of 129.975 ??

Thanks

Arc

gliderkev
4th Sep 2013, 12:40
If I got it right you have a pm

Heston
4th Sep 2013, 14:16
Why don't you ask them when you call for PPR? You are going to telephone first aren't you?

Seriously - many gliding sites do not welcome random powered aircraft visitors because of the nature of their operation and because they may well have a "no power" clause in their agreement with the landowner.

Jim59
5th Sep 2013, 21:13
I've been into Rattlesden to retrieve a glider that landed out. I would not have been welcome without prior permission because they have time-of-day restrictions and noise nuisance avoidance areas.

Most gliding clubs don't allow power visitors except on gliding business.

ProfChrisReed
7th Sep 2013, 20:46
I used to be a member, and Rattlesden is limited by planning permission to a tiny number of non-aerotowing movements per year. I doubt they'd be able to receive visitors.

Plus the runway is the original WW2 concrete, which is a little less than pristine. Fine on undercarriage, but expect stone chips on your prop!

129.975 for anyone landing there in an emergency, but assume the radio isn't manned and that any gliders in the circuit are not monitoring the frequency.