PDA

View Full Version : Heads up - customs and PPR details at LFAT have changed

thing
30th Aug 2013, 20:36
The e-mail for customs and PPR at LFAT has changed, it is NOT the one on the AIP plate, it's now at Aéroport Le Touquet Côte d'Opale | Aéroport International en Côte D'Opale (http://www.aeroport-letouquet.com/). Select Pilot then Services and it's on there.

werewolf
30th Aug 2013, 21:32
*** Déclaration de vol / PPR ***
Envoyez votre déclaration à / Send your PPR to:
[email protected]

Previouly : [email protected]
Now you PPR directly to the French customs local (in Boulogne) office, and not to Le Touquet airport staff. L2K staff seem not to be more involved in Customs PPR.
Some problems arose between staff and Customs ? I don't know ...
BSI means "Brigade de Surveillance Intérieure".

Spotthedog
31st Aug 2013, 07:33
Thanks for the heads up. Most helpful.

7of9
1st Sep 2013, 07:01
Heard that's for after hours, Don't need it when Filing a Flight plan, so i have heard....

patowalker
1st Sep 2013, 08:24
That is correct. No need to advise Customs if you arrive or depart during opening hours.

Jodelman
1st Sep 2013, 16:31
That is correct. No need to advise Customs if you arrive or depart during opening hours.

The web site says:-

Pendant les heures d’ouverture de l’Aéroport, la présence du service des douanes vous permet d’atterrir ou de décoller avec un préavis de seulement 2 heures.

Which "Google Translate" gives:-

During the opening hours of the airport, the presence of the customs service allows you to take off or land with only two hours notice.

Which I believe means you do need PPR when the airfield is open.

patowalker
1st Sep 2013, 17:07
The website is wrong, as confirmed by the exchange of emails below and multiple flights without PPR since.

To: <patowalker>
Sent: Sunday, 18 March 2012, 9:55
Subject: Re: PNR Customs

Hello,

It is no more necessary now to file any customs notification 2 hours before coming.
You have just now to send your flight plan.

Best regards
Françoise

Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:48 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: PNR Customs

Good afternoon,

I would appreciate clarification of the following:

The AD VAC says: "Customs, Police HOR ATS. PPR 2 hours before ETA, but your website says: "Pendant les heures d’ouverture de l’Aéroport, la présence du service des douanes vous permet d’atterrir ou de décoller sans préavis."

Do I need to send a flight declaration by email if I plan to arrive from the UK during ATS hours?

Thanks and regards

(patowalker)

Jodelman
1st Sep 2013, 18:06
That was in March. Things may well have changed since then.

patowalker
1st Sep 2013, 19:09
Jodelman,

Like me in March last year, you are confusing PPR with PNR. There has never been a prior permission requirement for Customs, only a prior notice requirement.

The AIP plate is not very clear, but what it means is that Customs service is available during opening hours, but PPR flights, in other words those arriving or departing outside opening hours, require 2 hours prior notice.

Douanes, Police /Customs, Police: HOR ATS. PPR PN 2 HR avant/before ETA

The full stop after "HOR ATS" is key.

Piper.Classique
2nd Sep 2013, 06:39
Not at all clear, is it? Anyway, Abbeville is a far nicer airport, as well as being cheaper. Choice of runways, pub on the airfield, grass available for those of us who prefer it.

patowalker
2nd Sep 2013, 06:51
I agree, but you have to dust off your fax machine to give Customs 4 HR PN. The same PN is required for departures, although it is conveniently overlooked.

Vlad the Imbiber
2nd Sep 2013, 07:55
As can be seen from the old wording quoted in patowalker's March 2012 email (above), the statement on L2K's website has changed completely in this new version, going from saying that you don't need to notify during operating hours to that you do. Which is now consistent with the most natural interpretation of the AIP entry.

thing
2nd Sep 2013, 09:13
Was there on Sat, buddy who I went with rang them about something else and they mentioned the change of e-mail address, also said it was for all hours now. Just passing on what was said, maybe L2K don't know either!

If you're heading over there it takes 30 seconds to fill it in anyway, best be safe than sorry.

patowalker
2nd Sep 2013, 12:18
thing,

Have you looked at the email address you are telling people to use? It looks to me like the website has been hacked or someone has really screwed up.
Infos AERO | Aéroport Le Touquet Côte d'Opale (http://www.aeroport-letouquet.com/infos-aero/)

bsi-bouglne (at) douane.finances.gouv.fr ? What or whom is "bsi-bouglne"? The closest I can come up with is BSI BOULOGNE (http://www.bsi-boulogne.fr/)

FougaMagister
2nd Sep 2013, 13:32
I don't get why our British friends always seem to want to fly to Le Touquet. Too much like a commercial airport, with an eye-watering landing fee (by French standards). They won't see me again... Abbeville is indeed much nicer, and very close to the very scenic Baie de Somme.

Cheers :cool:

thing
2nd Sep 2013, 14:24
Have you looked at the email address you are telling people to use? I haven't told anyone to use any e-mail address. I've pointed them to the Le Touquet website and where to find the e-mail address. If there's an e-mail address error it's on the Le Touquet website.

I don't get why our British friends always seem to want to fly to Le Touquet. Too much like a commercial airport, with an eye-watering landing fee (by French standards). They won't see me again... Abbeville is indeed much nicer, and very close to the very scenic Baie de Somme.

Why do you assume that Le Touquet is the only foreign airfield anyone visits? Four of you even on a weekend is only 6 or so Euros apiece for the landing fee anyway. I like Le Touquet, it's peanuts to get to even in a taxi for four and there are some good restaurants. It also gets very scenic in otherways on a sunny day.

patowalker
2nd Sep 2013, 14:34
It's a typo. I have advised LFAT.

thing
2nd Sep 2013, 14:40
Cheers, good spot by the way.

ifonly
2nd Sep 2013, 15:46
Agreed it is a typo - BSI is Brigades de Surveillance Intérieure - a French Customs team.

Piper.Classique
2nd Sep 2013, 19:09
You don't need to fax Abbeville. You can phone them. Ok, four hours notice, but it takes me that long to get there anyway.

FougaMagister
2nd Sep 2013, 19:10
thing - I don't assume; I lived (and flew) in the UK long enough to realise that LFAT seems to be the only French airfield known to many Brits.

You will find that more relaxed and scenic airfields such as Saint-Valery Vittefleur (LFOS), Saint-Omer Wizernes (LFQN) or Abbeville (LFOI) have restaurants either on site or very close by. Written authorization to land at Eu-Mers le Tréport (LFAE) is granted without too much trouble (and valid for 6 months), and there is a good restaurant 1km away... Even Rouen Vallée de Seine is more interesting (with the historical city centre of Rouen a short taxi ride away). LFOS is close to the white cliffs of Saint-Valéry en Caux and the taxiway even crosses a local road!

I'll stand by my comment: as French airfields go, having to cough up 24 Euro is extortionate, full stop.

Happy landings :cool:

thing
2nd Sep 2013, 20:17
It isn't the only foreign airfield known to me.. I used to live in Germany. I like Le Touquet, it being popular is not a downside to me, nor as I've said is 24 Euros spread between a few mates a hardship. There are many excellent airfields in France, a couple of my friends have just had a most enjoyable three weeks grass stripping all over the place. I take onboard your suggestion of Rouen, I don't fly all of that way to eat on the airfield and fly back, even Le Touquet is two hours away for me.