PDA

View Full Version : Can't get into Sky Demon Light

DeeCee
2nd Aug 2013, 15:20
Over the last couple of days I have found that I can't get into Sky Demon Light. The browser hangs up before it loads.Even a well established link in Pprune does the same thing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Storkeye
2nd Aug 2013, 16:16
I'd suggest trying a different browser like chrome instead of ie or vice versa. That should identify if it iS a browser issue or something else.

magpienja
2nd Aug 2013, 17:44
Just tried it and its fine for me...using firefox.

Nick.

The Fenland Flyer
2nd Aug 2013, 19:58
I switched ISPs a while ago and can't get it to load in any browser now :uhoh:

Pilot.Lyons
3rd Aug 2013, 08:08
Maybe try deleting cookies and doing a disk cleanup?
Sometimes crazy stuff like that happens and a simple clean up fixes it for me!

Failing that use the great british "thump" on the side... It will eitherfix the problem or make you feel a bit better (until you realise the extra damage you have caused 😔 )

DeeCee
3rd Aug 2013, 11:36
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried a cleanup and Explorer now indicates a Silverlight issue. I downloaded Firefox and it hangs up as well. Grrr.

VictorGolf
3rd Aug 2013, 12:07
Just tried on Google Chrome for a flight to Seething tomorrow and it all worked OK.

Ringway Flyer
3rd Aug 2013, 12:20
I find Ccleaner very useful - a free download (for the basic version, which is fine) Just be careful when loading that you don't include Mcafee too. (Uncheck a box).

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download (http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner)

Unloads the the accumulated 'junk' - temp files etc., and good for add/remove programmes too.

Btw - Sky Demon is working OK for me with Firefox...

jxk
3rd Aug 2013, 13:45
Sounds like you need to download Silverlight as from memory Skydemon needs this to make it work.