PDA

View Full Version : So Much Info

oceanicwanabe
2nd May 2002, 21:44
doing the first stage of the NATS tests soon and the booklet i have to learn for the motivation test has 24 descriptions of various aircraft, including their floght level, speed, seats and airline operators.

I in the process of learning them, but how do the assk me the questions, do they ask me what flight level does a b757 normally fly at , or are they wanting me to complete questions like, if a boeing 757 is flying from London to NY at its optimum speed how long would it take? what operators fly this route?

i was hoping someone who recently sat the tests coulg shread some light, into how i'm going to be tested on tis knowledge, it would help greatly with my learning of it!

thanks

Spamcan defender
3rd May 2002, 07:40
From memory, there were only 2 questions in the assessment that related directly to the aircraft performance pages at the rear of the booklet. Rather than get bogged down learning all things about a 757, concentrate on range and speed.
As I said, it doesnt make up a significant part of the tests so dont stress about it. Concentrate more on practicing Distance/speed/time probs, mental arithmetic etc. To be honest, I found that most of the tests were things which couldnt really be practised. You've either got it or not. There is also a personality questionnaire which is a bit lengthy and I would say, be honest and consistent with the answers you give coz they'll spot B**L***T a mile away.:)
Good Luck.

Atc4Me
3rd May 2002, 07:41
I sat the tests in March, like you I was a bit worried about the level of detail on those last couple of pages of the booklet. But I shouldn't worry too much.

There are about 30-40 questions in total and only two covered anything to do with the aircraft data at the back.

I can remember the exact details, but without trying to give too much away just have a rough idea of aircraft speeds and their destination range.

Best of luck

:D