PDA

View Full Version : NZ CPL + MEIR to Aussie Licenses, help?

Mikezulu
19th Jun 2013, 00:59
Hi Guys

Was wondering if i could get some info from anyone that has converted there licenses to an Australian one. I know about the TTMRA, but I have a few questions.
I did my MEIR two pilot (dumb i know, but didn't really know any better) and I have been looking for pilot jobs coming up on 8 months now in NZ, so i want to head to AUS.

I have heard you only have one shot at converting your license over, so if i converted would 2 pilot MEIR be a problem there?
Would you recommend getting my MEIR done to single pilot standard before heading over or just do it in Australia at a later date.

I know that first job will be vfr but would having 2 pilot meir limit me in regards to getting that first job?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

waren9
19th Jun 2013, 01:10
Yes, I have.

2 pilot IR is a waste of time. You may as well not have one, employment wise.

Get your single pilot IR done. Saves an Aussie flight test and all the **** that goes with that.

Convert all that to an Aussie licence in one hit.

Not sure about the 1 shot thing. I converted a NZ CPL years ago. Never used it. Then I converted a NZ ATPL over. No big deal, just paperwork and money.

JAMUP
19th Jun 2013, 08:05
Converted mine in 2011 , lots of papers to fill pay some money and then they ( CASA ) will send you the AUS CPL , before you leave NZ get a verification lettr from NZ CAA so that you can sent it with your papers to CASA .

MEIR. I too had that multi Pilot , but I am not aware of the flight test attempts, but mine was lapsed when I converted to Aus CPL, so CASA told me that they can give me a NVFR but cant convert the IR , either I need to get the IR renewed in NZ or else do IREX and a flight test ( SP) to add that to my AUS CPL.

I found the system more helpful and CASA was helpful too, write emails and get it clarified.

Hope this helps

JAMUP

27/09
19th Jun 2013, 10:55
did my MEIR two pilot (dumb i know, but didn't really know any better)

AFS strikes again?

Rbwoonton
21st Jun 2013, 03:51
^^

LOL

I'm doing multi conversion now after doing SEIFR as two pilot..

five-by-five
22nd Jun 2013, 15:29
If looking for a twin job, best to have single pilot. But having 2-pilot will by no means stop you from getting a VFR job, or being able to upgrade to single pilot later on.